🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

Lol that launch gap

Great lineup! How do the guys on the Nomads keep up?

1 Like

No problems keeping up. When the groups that big the ride isn’t too crazy fast. More of a social cruise.
Few evolves too so the nomads are fine.

3rd from right - those madwheels are totally shredded :mechanical_arm:

Those aren’t mad wheels :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

yup :sweat_smile: hollow ones break and melt… gotta be solid to dissipate shock/heat :muscle:

wanna see hollow ones turn to goo when belt skips? :rofl:

just a sec…

4 Likes

If you saw how that dude rides it’d make perfect sense haha. By far the most talented rider out there. Dylan Bell.

1 Like

Was that yesterday in 38’c heat?

Yep - it was fucked :joy:

I hope of you rode dripping from pier to pier :laughing:

These look good with the Idea deck @andoug

Curious why you’re running the rods under the hanger instead of on top with the hammock part angled back more. Going for a specific angle?

TLDR: it’s just a mock up for now

Full story: I initially was going to run these trucks on the prototipo (30° tips). Plan was for the rear truck to be set at -10°. For the front I was going to initially try a negative rake for a slightly shorter wheelbase and a hopefully a less “divy” ride feel. So front was set to 14°, negative rake. I never did a ride test because I didn’t like the long wheelbase I ended up with since the triplelink trucks axle position is extended out. The proto became extra flexy to the point where I thought my hefty self was going to snap the board.

So I abandoned the plans for the proto and moved forward with the IDEA deck. I changed the angles for a mockup last night. I’ve never ridden any triple link style truck before, so I sure of where I’ll finally land on the rod placement until I get to some test rides.

Shout-out to @Ean.esk8 for so many angle options in the truck design.

7 Likes

This is one of the lesser talked about factors in 3 links.
Imo, it plays a good part in the stability and adds to the caster affect/rtc.
One of the upsides of newbees design vs srb is it allows for enough steering angle for those that chose to run positive rake.
Theres some downsides, but a couple quite prominent upsides.

2 Likes

Was the whole wheel 3d printed? did you try to brake on a long downhill?

Both pulleys decided to break at the same time. I think it happened after some offroading.

Ok, I’ll probably get there. I plan on gradually increasing the perimeter count every time they break, 7 walls for now:

I have a spare set of momentum hollow wheels for you to “test” i assume its gunna take longer to put them on than for you to shred them :laughing:

Willl bring to the next track session

1 Like

Pretty sure those are Onsra 115 rubber wheels extremely worn down.

1 Like

Both of these truck designs look like zero rake to me. The axle is fully in line with the plane of movement. There is no offset.

Newbee added rake to his new RTKP, but there is no rake on the triple links. (unless you’re using camber / caster / rake in the colloquial sense from cars/vehicles)

Im 100% open to being wrong, but the plane of movement is the links and the axel is absolutely not in line with them because the links mount on either side of the axel and not the center. Iirc, @Ean.esk8 had all the different angles specced with posi/neg reake depending on which side of the axel the links are mounted too. Cant find now for the life of me.

Imo, Moes RTC add on axels just extend that further from the plane of movement hence more negative rake the way he sets them up.

How is thia different than this?

Genuinely curious to get to the bottom of this.
Imo we’re a bunch of non lifelong downhillers putting our own understandings(or lack there of) as labels of truck geometry, vendors included.

@CHAINMAILLEKID any input?

It’s different because the master pivot axis for the 3 links is where the bushings are. The 3link axle goes goes directly through the main pivot point. The links only guide the angle of the pivot. The links don’t provide any offset to the axle.

You could create a raked 3 link but it would require offsetting the actual axle, as shown in the infographic you posted, or like newbee’s new rtkp.

Imagine flipping the links to the top side of the axle your picture. You’ve done nothing to alter the rake (it’s still zero rake), you’ve just changed the angle that the truck turns at.

Moes new RTC offsets… maybe rake, maybe not,… Haven’t figured that one out yet.

3 Likes

Oh man…
I have always wanted that deck.

Is it awesome?

It looks awesome.

Have you pondered narrower trucks, for more deadly?

1 Like