šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

I love that this sign litteraly says ā€œkeep out because you will be BOTH bitten AND finedā€

1 Like

what they dont say is after you get bitten, you may get some unwelcom loving. We watched this for an hour. ā€œhow you doin,where you going?CHOMP,AW YEAH,JUST GO WITH IT BABY,DONT MIND THE HUMANS,THEY ARE JUST TAKING VIDEO,THEY CANT HELP YAā€

I still feel dirty from watching and not interveining"in front of her kid for godā€™s sake!!?!?"

also the scale in the picture is about right, the biggest one we saw was 15 feet long, and the smell, be glad my pic doesnt have AROMAVISON,oh gawd,when the wind changed,the crowd shuffles

I never thought about that before, somehow you expect from something thatā€™s not decaying and lives in water to be ā€œcleanā€ ^^

1 Like

i wanted a clean toilet brush to plunge my nostrils with bleach

In my experience I donā€™t get flats that often, and Iā€™ve only had 2-3 flats in the 3-4 years Iā€™ve been riding pneumatics. I totally recommend tire liners like this though, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003RLK19Y?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details they help to protect the tube a lot.

1 Like

i had 4 flats in a week and a half, BUT thats because while BKB tires are awsome, BKB tube stems are glued on with hopes and unicorn saliva . However this led to me discovering i like BKB rear and Torqueboard front 150 mm tires,i could be all in my head(like CTE) but i discoved it through lzyness/defective tubes,now its my default
(am i off topic?shall i crawl back to my cave?)

3 Likes

@Sk8tedad If you email BKB support and explain that youā€™ve had several valve stem failures, they will send new tubes at no cost.

Might need to provide the original order number but didnā€™t seem necessary in my convo.

thanks,they made good on it.I do appreciate the helpful attitude, part of why i spend time here is members alost always try to help each other out .
AS i said their tires are great, and if not for the tube failures i would not have discovered my current tire set up, or forced my kid to learn how to put your pinkie back in to its proper orintation(dislocated/relocated, good life lesson)

1 Like

does this work for dongs? asking for a friend

you open the door, im walking in

Camouflaging? Cause it almost works lol.

Rage, This is the bike lane.

3 Likes

ā€œshould have drove a car if you wanted us to care about youā€
-US civil engineers everywhere

4 Likes

Platinum cure silicone is only able to safely have a color change when uncured. Think of how with epoxy resin the best time to add color is when mixing it up. Once cured it is non porous so I donā€™t think it would take to dye very well.

You can probably manage to dis color it if you really wanted to but then it would be unsafe to use, and theyā€™re not cheap. Plus with all the options available, and you can even order custom pours from some stores, why would you want to try?

The only known ways to do it is by letting a shitty non body safe material touch it and wait for the color to leak out of it, or for clear platinum cure silicone you can boil it for hours. Boiling for too only makes Near Clear silicone cloudy though

I donā€™t mind questions so long as theyā€™re appropriate :person_shrugging: I will only have an issue if someone is just trying to be a creep

Did you expect the bike lanes in Texas to actually be usable? :thinking: :rofl: Even without a tiny ice storm theyā€™re always covered in shit/road debris North of you :weary:

2 Likes

I expected roads in Austin to be smoother.
I donā€™t know how they are this bad given the lack of winter.

I think the only area where you will get them to be cleaner is downtown, but even then the construction and roads that havenā€™t been repaved in decades are still a hazard. There is also all the one way streets which I always find to be confusing and I 100% end up turning down them the wrong way too often on my esk8

It is annoying to get all the way top downtown so I have only ridden down there 2 or 3 times. I am trash at navigating new areas so maybe the one way streets arenā€™t a problem for other people.

1 Like

Iā€™m up north, so downtown is not really an option for me.

I thought the area in the photo looked familiar. Although I donā€™t know it well enough to name the exact spot. Probably because it is a road Iā€™d avoid since it is paved with the worst method possible and it is uncomfortable to ride on :upside_down_face:

Where should i ride around here, now that Iā€™ve got 30-40 miles of range.