šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

That board is pure sex. The machined axle cap and little tool are a nice touch. I really like those wheels. And drives. And trucks.

2 Likes

You have no idea how much it irks me that it was taken slightly off center :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I canā€™t believe the motors fit forward mounted with the drives! Thatā€™s going to be super practical for picking the board up :smiley:

How big can the wheels be before you get wheelbite on that setup? Do you think 7" would fit?

1 Like

Ya, they tuck in there perfectly, but an integrated handle is definitely on the menu. I hate carrying boards.

I bet 7ā€ would get some bite. Iā€™ll look at it a little closer tomorrow, I left it at the shop.

4 Likes

Ohh heck, damn those are beautiful AF hubs/rims

And those adapters look slick AF.

Kinda want my next build to have thatā€¦ Damn thatā€™s gorgeous.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty impressed, but so far no more impressed than by other big-name DIY enclosures.

how do the edges stand up to being drilled and then crushed with bolts? my main issue is the fasteners working their way through the enclosure and blowing out the holes I drill. (idk maybe Iā€™m just doing it wrong)

Have you seen @glyphiksā€™ hammer test video?

2 Likes

Hi
No actually
Just doing my stuff but feel free to send it to me
But I hear is job is incredible amazing

Thats more like it.
Composites are often the precursor to rage

3 Likes

I remember seeing a Sender video many moons ago of him attacking an attempted enclosure with a bit of rebar :rofl:

Truth :rofl:

2 Likes
1 Like

ooo shit my video is so similar to the first one my bad @glyphiks

But woo really impressed with the hammer

How think is the enclosure

Merci @b264 for sharing

2 Likes

Haha iā€™m sure there are many other similar videos around :rofl:

Pretty sure it ended up between 2-3mm thick.

Even after all that, the enclosure is probably still perfectly functional and could be used on a board :rofl:

Lol the claw of the hammer did start to do some real damage, but I was truly surprised how much abuse it took.

Spent a hell of a lot of time and money on that project and never put one of the enclosures on a board :rofl:

1 Like

Is this the fastest way around the corner, or just having fun sliding it around? To me it seems difficult to maintain good traction through the corner doing this.

3 Likes

Right now it feels slower. I think as you get faster it becomes almost required in a way. But Iā€™m not a 100% sure to be honest. Itā€™s incredibly fun though and takes me back to my analog skating days throwing bertleman slides around the bowl.

5 Likes

This is like a museum piece

2 Likes

Old picsā€¦

1 Like

Omgigies dude @VESCmann I love your Instagram.

Killer stuff!!!