🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

Wet leaves are horrible for traction. Treat them like ice.

10 Likes

I just put them in my coffee and all I have to say is :fu:.

3 Likes

Nah, the leaves were actually fine (not wet). I was going around a bend/hill and there was a cyclist coming the other way, so I moved over to the side to give him room. It was super windy out (probably shaved some range off too) and a crosswind actually pushed me further off than I intended, which made my front tire hit some loose dirt/gravel stuff. I was going probably 15-20 and started braking but it got squirrelly so I hopped to run it out and couldn’t keep my footing. Tuck ‘n roll and the puck saved my hand. Tiny spot of rash on my knee but otherwise totally fine. Puck has earned my respect.

6 Likes

So the Puck… …was a puck.

5 Likes

Haha exactly. Aptly named.

1 Like

What color is that Davega? Is that the titanium one? Looks sick, I need one like that for a build

It’s black with some “experience marks” on it. It does look charcoal in the pics though.

3 Likes

Wet moss is the same, there’s a school nearby with a path that I genuinely cannot even walk upward because it’s steep enough that my shoes don’t get enough traction much less an eskate lol. I learned how slippery it was one day when I was walking down the path and both feet started sliding down lmao. It’s not even that steep either.

2 Likes

Sounds like one of those fun dumb challenges

A bit of momentum and you can definitely make it up on an eskate BUT how fast do you really want to be going when you can’t accelerate brake or turn lmao

4 Likes

As someone who used to live on a mountain I can confirm that wet leaves are almost as bad as ice. Ice is only worse since you cannot as easily see it. You’d need to have your eyes closed not to notice leaves on the ground, and it is pretty obvious if they’re wet or not.

2 Likes

Can confirm they got me today. Totally know better. Just got too comfortable riding today. Rip helmet.

7 Likes

Ive been wondering how common practice is it to top mount your electronics on a non-MTB/ATB setup? This build, with the drop down deck, standard rkp trucks, rear mounted motors and pneummies is similar to my first build currently in progress. I love the aesthetic of the top mounted box and it makes sense for rough terrain of course with a drop down deck

1 Like

Yeah, it’s pretty neat. It will be held down by straps. It’s the Juicebox that @Skyart sells. he also made me all the harnesses required to make everything as plug and play as possible with the stock electronics. Zero soldering required on my side. I also plan on using that box for other builds in the future.

2 Likes

what about 226226 or 118118?

1 Like

Neither of those comply to the ones digit being 5 more than the 10s digit

oh, so “5 more” does mean exactly 5 more?! and not >=5…

I’m doing simular shortly as i want the biggest possible battery as a single stack underneath to keep deck low to the ground, and going to eventually run 4wd so will mount two dual escs in a low box on the top centre. Will have the esc box low profile too so i can still get low for racing.

3 Likes

make up your mind! :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes