🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

I am running -5 in the back, it’s built into the baseplate

The other bro is my first mountainboard. I sold it to my roommate as I don’t need two. It’s setup super loose and it’s pretty fun.

1 Like

@Dinnye I love the commitment with the F5 dual binding setup, i really struggle with the concept and my lack of full commitment is dangerous

2 Likes

I think for mountainboarding it’s a must, it helps so much with control. Especially if you jump with the board or go offroad. It’s hard to overcome the fear of it first, but in my opinion the worst option by far (if you are geared up properly) is to have just one leg stuck in the binding during a fall. Heelstraps eliminate that at least. I can definitely save more sketchy situations with heelstraps due to the added control and consistency. If you fall on your kneepads and just drag the board on the ground you are probably going to be fine, but you might destroy 1 or 2 rims. From experience I can tell you that alu rims can be destroyed much easier than nylon ones.

1 Like

Im probably not going to progress to big jumps and ive been using both the M5 on the step bro and the Tomiboi hook on the front on my 4wd, mostly on decent paths and good trails, no serious bashing about as such. I like the contact i get with the timiboi combined with the ability to jump off the board at lights (mostly urban riding) and move about suits my current riding style, my rear foot tends to move all over the place so a fixed foot is unstllimg at the rear, that said, i am thinking about putting the rear Tomiboi on too for the extra control. Who knows, maybe that the linear path to being more comfortable with the M5 and heel straps. I do wish i could feel more comfortable strapped in haha…

I kinda grew up on dirt bikes and was taught that if its going south, get clear… that instinct doesnt necessarily transfer to esk8 :laughing:

2 Likes

weighs a hair over 50 pounds… :rofl:

Lightweight GIFs | Tenor

4 Likes

What the shit - are you rebuilding @jack.luis Roci?

2 Likes

Rocinante is getting a makeover :blush:

2 Likes

She will become Brocinante!

3 Likes

Just a touch up. Was looking a little ragged.
Time to skin this ship, clear glass frit and epoxy next. :love_you_gesture:t2:

2 Likes

I thought you sold the deck!

Never! Rocinante is too special to me.

Alan and I have become fast friends since I live so close to him now

3 Likes

That’s awesome for you dude! Congrats on the move, hope you’re transitioning well.

1 Like

I had made this for a future tattoo wanted to combine a stator and norse compass (Vegvísir).

3 Likes

Dues paid to Skaten

1 Like

9” mudpluggers! :rofl:

I’m loving the lightweight tires with 20 psi. It’s so much fun to ride offroad with soft knobby tires.

Duuuuuuuude.

This thing is so dope!!!

1 Like

Thanks! My first full DIY too. I think it turned out mostly fantastic

Still waiting to get the trucks cerakoted bronze too :eyes:

1 Like

You are gonna have to get the matching bronze MBS wheels then right!!!

I’ve been debating it… I’m only concerned that if the colors don’t match well enough it might look shit, so charcoal might be a safer bet

1 Like