🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

Thank you :pray:

6 Likes

I would love to hear/see more about that pack construction, especially the cell frames system, if you’re willing to go into detail.

3 Likes

So much so, it looks like a render.

1 Like

yep. this is really special @daegoe . whatever Onewheel is getting this, is super lucky!!!

2 Likes

I agree, looks beautiful. I’m curious about the construction too - I made something similar a year ago, but not quite as refined, and only 10s

And the most annoying part was the series connection in the middle - what did you end up using for that?

3 Likes

Thanks so much guys!

@BenjaminF @ShutterShock I made a topic and a video explaining the construction and some other ideas I had for the pack.

OH FUCK YEAH

Someone is finally doing it

that’s using UV glue stuff… it skins over so fast and self levels, really hopeful it passes testing, I need to do along a whole test edge and test flex… the board wont have a lot so it hopefully wont need to be super flexible.

2 Likes

@alankerr Are those tires clever brand? Did you have any issues fitting them onto the rims? How balanced are they?

I’ve got a set of clever branded ones. Had to cut away quite a bit of material with a knife from the inner lip to make it fit to the 4" lip of my mbs rockstar ii pro xl-s. My ones measured at around 3.9" ID

1 Like

I have the CST brand but those on picture look exactly like the ones I have. There was another brand I used that had the same issue with rim tightness. I don’t remember what brand. Rep said I had to leave them in the sun. Then I bought the CST. These fit snug, but not tight. I use Trampa hubs. I’m not privy to mbs hub sizing yet. As to balancing, it’s like a motor bike wheel, line up the rim of hub to line on turf tire as you slowly intermittently fill the tire. Fill it slowly as you mold the tire to the line. They balanced well.

2 Likes

Interesting! I guess my next set will be CST then. Hopefully I can get these seated reasonable well for some offroading though

Idk why, but despite that board looking really oldschool, it also looks like a very lightweight, fun, practical board for daily riding. Is it nice? Do you have a thread for it? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@alankerr told me a bit about them a while back and I hunted for the cheapest set I could find. 8X3.00X4 4PLY CHENG SHIN TURF TIRE & Tube (^H128) | eBay

The only downside is that they are very heavy. I decided to go with a lighter set of tires, but I am still interested in these hahaha

1 Like

it’s all kinds of old school cool, i believe it’s old etoxx prototypes. glad @rich is back on a board, he inspired me to bend my first mtb axle and it’s been a mess of murder and carnage of parts since :blush:

3 Likes

The original build is from 2017 with narrow trucks and belt drive … 2 weeks ago it looked like this

there is a build thread on the old forum. It was my daily commuter until I had to stop riding in 2021.

So actually the new version with wider trucks and gear drive feels very newschool to me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I like mountainboards much more but for commuting in the city it makes more sense to have a smaller board without bindings. The flat and flexy deck is no more my favorite but for cruising it’s ok.

Thanks bro, what an honor :joy:! Bending axles is no fun, but reckless driving is :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No prototypes, they are V3

4 Likes

https://forum.esk8.news/t/pictures-and-nothing-else/30415/16548?u=jbrk
anything for the photo

3 Likes

Those wall mounts are sick, where’d you get the file or did you design them?

They look like generative design shelf brackets sorta simar to one a YouTuber did a long time ago. Pretty neat

1 Like

Printables. Let me get link

Nope, cults or thingijerk.
I

It was free. I’ll send file when I get home.

Doing desert dog stuff atm.
Videoshop_2024-01-31_10-01-05-260

6 Likes

They are “organic”, bc California.

3 Likes