🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

@Shadowfax build, i agree very hot :hot_face:

3 Likes

Can only be the shoulder model himself

Lol quite the amalgamation of parts

3 Likes

Hehehe. That is my board. I got it as a stock lacroix naz ss with falcon drives and a 100% dead battery.

The boardnamics gear drives are 5.5 ratio straight cuts with 151kv reachers.

The AirTag holder houses the GPS unit for the metr pro can. I discovered that the lacroix carbon weave 100% blocks gps signal.

Bioboards davega by way of @Skyart :pray:

1 Like

First 2023 P42A’s I’ve seen!

3 Likes

these are very fresh, March batch i think

1 Like

I think it’s Feb 26th.

8 Likes

ah yes, close enough to march, very fresh nonetheless

2 Likes

Is this fact or fiction?

1 Like

Definitely fact. Welding in the centre of the cells can compromise the internals of some, if not all cylindrical cells. Best avoided if at all possible.

There is a graphic floating around that has been pulled from the data sheet of a particular cell that explicitly states not to weld there, and so our best practice has just kinda evolved to avoid it on all cells as a safety precaution.

5 Likes

Im a smidge skeptical however not at the data or annecdote meerly based on the year. Suprising to me to say the least. What makes the center different from the edge or is the morw conductivity in the center or thinner sheet?

It’s because part of the internal structure of the cell connects to the external shell at that point

5 Likes

the center is right where the internal weld is that connect to the cell can, its highly advise to avoid the middle 3mm diameter area when welding

@Battery_Mooch can explain better about cell internal structure

2 Likes

This is what i needed.makes sense no arguments, just curious.

Here are three of them, all Sony/Murata. Note that two of them have both the center and a ring further out that are “do not weld here” areas. I don’t know what’s going on where that ring is. Someone (not me) would have to tear down a cell to, hopefully, find out.

4 Likes

Also this

3 Likes

#justwerathings

2 Likes

I imagine there will be ones for Ramm soon enough.

Please use silicone wire… this does not look like a good idea, and with the enclosure being CF, prone to shorting

5 Likes

Think this is what they call DIWhyyy

2 Likes

Yeah, this kind of thing makes me extremely uncomfortable

2 Likes