🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

Could you use the MDF ones to press one from fiberglass with a bracing ply core?

4 Likes

I could do lots of things… i will see where my whims take me

4 Likes

I love how you DIY-ed the mold and the press. So cool!

What’s the purpose of this bump? I can’t remember seeing anything similar on any other deck.

BTW, I had a mold made for this just about a week before you posted your first pic:

Looks like we’ll have twins.

5 Likes

It provides an extra pocket to lock into when you want to shorten your stance. I tend to ride with my back foot on its toes on the toe side, and that little pocket created there should be a reaaallly nice little nook.

A side effect is that it allows a little flex in the centre of the deck. This could be a good thing in the form of relief for the transitions to the nose and tail, or a bad thing in terms of snappy deck :sweat_smile:

Won’t know until I’ve tried!

8 Likes

Cool! Love the experimenting. I hope we’ll be able to exchange insights on what’s working and what’s not. I should have first prototype decks on hand soon.

4 Likes

Isn’t that just an indentation to allow the screwdriver to access the bolt head?

4 Likes

Ooh possibly. But its not anywhere else so it just looked weird

1 Like

Definitely dude!

3 Likes

Yes it is

2 Likes

The lengths to which people will go to avoid touching the trash bin lid :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

@Pickled_Monkey whats the benefit of 2 smaller reductions instead of one big one when the reductions are this small? Ground clearance?

1 Like

3 stage actually 1:12, allows for monster torque with shed loads of ground clearance. makes the drive more ‘compact’

1 Like

hahhahha them wheels look so tiny :grin:
Deck is awesome, dood. :mechanical_arm:

1 Like

Yup, it certainly looks much more “dense” than if there was a single huge sprocket. Looking forward to seeing the project progress.

1 Like

11 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: they need a spacer :rofl:

4 Likes

Five should do it! And I made that wire adjustment. Thanks for the help!

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see the production version available for purchase!

7 Likes

Beautiful ride I gotta get me some of those radium things :sunglasses:

@Tony_Stark when will the bushing thingys be instock?

Mid July :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Mine was on the evolve gtx Platte river bike trail front of comcast building near stadium Denver. 22mph motors seized. My own builds thank God never have. But ouch!. 3 ribs down. One of two or maybe three bad ones. Idk. just stopped crashing. :joy:.

2 Likes