🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

@Skyart Freaking beautiful man. Will these fit on evolve / TB AT hubs? How much for a set?

3 Likes

They will!
Evolve
TB AT
Super starts
Rockstars
3ds hubs

All 3.75 sometimes referred to as 4” hubs

1 Like

Will be $120 for a set of tires and tubes, for you wonderful forum peeps, il cover shipping, just DM me if you want a set. In stock ready to ship, pretty limited quantity tho

4 Likes

oh - man I caught that ninja edit and you had me stoked for a second. thought we were about to see some skyart hubs drop out of nowhere

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: not gonna lie…got excited myself :joy:

@glyphiks what material did you use?

2 Likes

The mobile party aspect of this beast is just way too good.

Shades of this guy:

4 Likes

wood sheets and glue lmao
just kidding, bro :joy: :people_hugging:

1 Like

I figured. I’m just curious what kind of wood sheets.

1 Like

Mdf sheets as a test piece as he’s waiting on veneers

2 Likes

My old street tires, running alot concrete around my workshop, yeah looks not that good, but i like riding them

3 Likes

Yessir it’s so fun cruising and blasting music. The speakers have great bass. It’s also just as nice to stop in a grass field and look up at the clouds with my music playing right beside me. It’s so much better than doing that with a phone. It really feels like I have a proper sound system beside me.

3 Likes

Mdf :rofl:

2 Likes

This is amazing! First deck to come off the press, even if it is MDF. Looks awesome and I want one please haha.

10 Likes

I’m fucking making one out of bracing ply so i can skate it :rofl:

6 Likes

Skin the mdf one. Couple layers of UD cf each side and it’ll be fine

5 Likes

Could you use the MDF ones to press one from fiberglass with a bracing ply core?

4 Likes

I could do lots of things… i will see where my whims take me

4 Likes

I love how you DIY-ed the mold and the press. So cool!

What’s the purpose of this bump? I can’t remember seeing anything similar on any other deck.

BTW, I had a mold made for this just about a week before you posted your first pic:

Looks like we’ll have twins.

5 Likes

It provides an extra pocket to lock into when you want to shorten your stance. I tend to ride with my back foot on its toes on the toe side, and that little pocket created there should be a reaaallly nice little nook.

A side effect is that it allows a little flex in the centre of the deck. This could be a good thing in the form of relief for the transitions to the nose and tail, or a bad thing in terms of snappy deck :sweat_smile:

Won’t know until I’ve tried!

8 Likes