šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Whats happening here @fujio001? Any better oics of it?

2 Likes

Good question. These are the test trucks. The production version of that part will be machinedā€¦

3 Likes

These will definitely help fit 3-links to a regular longboard.

5 Likes

Looks pretty nice @fujio001.
That clamp itself on Mcmaster is $20.00. Looks like a welded piece onto the clamp to me.
Machining that from one solid piece sounds like a great idea.

6 Likes

Are they metric?

1 Like

TKP-like Wheelbase extension.

I like it!

5 Likes

Hopefully someone will do a video comparing them and how they perform :crossed_fingers:

Yes i have valve stem issues. They are ofthen displaced or riped off. Im not that fast there are members here faster. Right now top speed is usually 47 avg is 26. I have a good deal of pinch flats,im running 50 psi. Im a street rider so 150mm is my favorite. Im having some thermal issues with how/where i ride,bigger diameter tires make it all much worse. If i try to go 45 mph up a 33 percent hill when i go from 150 to 175 mm i make it far shorter before a cooling stop.If i have 150mm tires the 800 feet to the top of my hill can be done with out a stop or a short one hear the top. So i have multiple issues.At this point tube cost and annoyance meanes no more BKB tires.

Sorry for my poor post itā€™s 4:15 am Iā€™m walking my dog before work

2 Likes

What is worse is often I have a shit load of cow on when Iā€™m fixing the flats. At some point Iā€™ll have to go urathane only if just to slow down and banish flats

1 Like

LMAO ftfy

Videos are painfully slow and annoying. I can absorb 10x as much information from writing and hish-res photos.

I just realised another thing ! Main difference between my ride and yours ; you guys are going up + down mountains and they just donā€™t exist here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: As I said i almost never experience flats ; it must be the hard braking + accelerating causing the damageā€¦
My rides are super tyre-friendly , all flat riding grounds

The tyres youā€™re riding are not fitted ā€œtightā€ enough around your rims/wheels iā€™m guessing. Which gives them play; the tyre shifts on the rim which in turn tears off the valves of the inner tubesā€¦

Maybe try a bit of glue between tyre and rim (??) It is def the sliding of the tyre on the rim causing this , my guess anyway :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah either orā€¦ suppose all of those youtubers are just going to give you a loaded opinion anyway.

Iā€™m not sure about glue but I think you are on to something. I have all the flats but the most common are pinch flats from impact at speed and valve stem stuff. Iā€™m pretty spoiled with roads they are smooth. I live 400ā€™above the town I live in the top of our hill is 600ā€™ above us. I love it , but itā€™s dangerous!

Iā€™m going to try a set of TB tires I have left from the pschotiller build. They donā€™t do well once flat though. Iā€™m actually riding thane more now as a result

Get a set of the landsurf 165mm tires? Those on some wide rims and you should be set

Im eyeing them, the cost is crazy, SKP sells tires for 11$ each,they are 175 mm though.
I need to sell some toys,DAMIT.
shilling skyartpower.com

@Skyart get us cheap & good 150mm tires and ill stop bugging you to go on a ride for a whole month

1 Like

Yeah, the price is high. I did see a couple v1s sell for almost twice that though once they became unobtanium if that speaks to anything. Waiting on v2s to ship. What wheels do you have the bkbā€™s on?

3Dservisas hubs that go with my gear drives.

Updated baseplateā€¦

I realized the baseplate can be thin on a street set up i doubt my board will be tumbling about.

r

3 Likes