šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Then why not print some adapter and just glue it onto standard peg board? which Iā€™m sure has more accessories available for you to buy and use to hang stuff from and Iā€™m sure plenty of 3-d models available too.

I understand wanting to be able to make your own accessories but I feel like something that large that already exists for a cheap price should just be bought instead. There is a point where 3-d printing something is just impracticable. :person_shrugging:

Also Iā€™m just questioning the sanity of people who made them with the 3d printer itself

I use it for esk8 stuff all the time. Panel mounts, wire routing, custom spacers for things, harnesses to hold everything neat inside the board, loads of stuff.

Heaps of stuff around the house too, fixing things, making things that donā€™t existā€¦

About the only thing i donā€™t make with the printer is trinkets :rofl:

4 Likes

I canā€™t explain why other people do things, but the way i see it, its just a different way of doing things.

Some people are comfortable going to a hardware store and buying construction materials and using tools they are proficient with to cut and install said materials.

Some people are more comfortable designing and printing said things.

Different strokes for different folks.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve got 8 enders (6 x 3s, 1 x pro, and 1 x SE) and run a 3d printing business as a side hustle. They give me so little of issues itā€™s crazy. Maybe Iā€™ve just been lucky but when you hear the same complaints regularly you have to see some merit in the claims. Then again, itā€™s the most popular and sold printer out there so theyā€™re doing lots of things right as well. I rely on them being up and running so clearly, if they were breaking down all the time, I would be the first person to hate them :man_shrugging:t3:

Admittedly, the speed and overall print quality are interesting to me. As I mentioned elsewhere, I would give up 2 of my enders for one of these p1pā€™s just to check out the hype. These shits reproduce when youā€™re not watching and have already claimed a room in my house.

3 Likes

1 Like

those fenders

Maybe for people with mobility issues?
Definitelyā€¦ Interesting.

1 Like

they built a custom board for a dude in a wheelchair (the wheelchair could lock onto the board). bet your ass if i lost the use of my legs iā€™d make an electric one

4 Likes

500mm/s is a game changer!

1 Like

I doubt iā€™ll be going anywhere near that fast, but if itā€™s anywhere close to as reliable as the prusa, iā€™ll be stoked.

3 Likes

Xraycerā€¦ edgy :laughing:

Im over the endless Ender tinkering. (Doesnā€™t mean I wonā€™t, stop).

I finally clicked ā€œbuyā€ today after it sat in my cart for months.

I want to make an Ender that will methodically and reliably deconstruct itself into a paperweight within specified parameters. :smiling_imp:

Support my kickstarter, ā€œEnder 0ā€

2 Likes

#bambumasterrace

1 Like

Please do let us know if it ends up being so

1 Like

Which lead me to spare extra coin for my Prusa.

Iā€™ve only heard of Bambu last night.

I got my Prusa over a year ago.

1 Like

Donā€™t judge me. Every one of you have 4 unfinished projects and mental plans for 10 more.

6 Likes

My guy over here printing with depleted uranium.

1 Like

The lacroix trucks, yea, you have to be in denial not to see the ā€œinspirationā€. But if by ā€œother trucksā€ you mean your own, I think thats as much of a stretch as Xboard saying Apex copied their gloves. CNC trucks have looked like this for decades. area downhill trucks, sp trucks, etc. or the trucks from that weird esk8 brand Zetas.

1 Like

Yes, the textured plate is what I print PETG on every day

1 Like

Yes, Erik Kondo is doing quite amazing stuff. He balances his wheelchair on the skateboard in a sideways position. Since he wanted to go off-road, we built him a custom mountainboard.

6 Likes