šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Yeah the price it pretty steep. Got mine for 790ā‚¬ (kit price), and that already felt like a lot. Apart from automatic bed leveling if hasnā€™t got the many nice features a bamboo has. Mainly got it because all the parts are printable and the ā€œopen sourceā€ feeling about it. If I were you Iā€™d done the same thing.

Yeah when we bought the prusa for the shop it was like 1600aud for the kit. I actually enjoyed the build but if weā€™re comparing prices, the p1p comes pretty much fully assembled.

1 Like

yeah would be silly to spend that much money on a bed slinger!

Bambu stuff is wild. Its like 100% dumb dumb proof. I cant imagine what a skilled printer can do or being someome who slogged through other models . Plus the speed is wild. I definitely feel like i cheated it being my first one.

My body is ready. Bank account is pretty upset but fuck that guy

3 Likes

Can you describe why you hate it/ what is wrong with it? So other people can know why

I donā€™t have any 3d printers and have no reason to support that brand and I donā€™t even know of them anyway

Edit: i see you mentioned about printers in this thread but I honesty donā€™t know if it is about this printer or not. :sweat_smile:

Creality is like the boosted of 3d printers. Theyā€™re dirt cheap, entry level machines and some people struggle to maintain them :smirk:

But on the real, the printer he posted is way better at printing faster and cleaner. The enders are like $100-200

3 Likes

But his post included a $1000+ aud bill for it? I know that the value of aussie dollars has been declining but I donā€™t think it has gotten that bad for $1000 aud to = $100 usd. :thinking:

I am legitimately just very confused. Some 3-d printers all look the same which doesnā€™t help

Heā€™s flipping off the creality, he bought a nicer one (~$700usd)

4 Likes

Yeah J-bags is on the money. I have been having a lot of issues tuning the creality to print the filament I like.

So i bought a better printer.

Some people are happy to spend countless hours fucking around with a cheap piece of shit to get it to do what itā€™s supposed to. Iā€™m not one of those people.

8 Likes

I had most of the typical growing/learning pains with my Ender 3. Mine actually still runs fine but I bought a Bambu X1C ā€˜cause I didnā€™t feel like having to babysit it or triple check tuning and whatnot. The Bambu just runs. Plus, cloud printing functionality is very nice and the app is very handy too (no pun intended). I know you can set up a raspberry pi and klipper setup for the Ender to do it similarly, but I didnā€™t want to

3 Likes

Yeah I only print some things on my Ender cause I canā€™t tune it to print most things well. I wish I had coughed up more money for something that didnā€™t need soooo much tinkering

1 Like

Which one?

2 Likes

Bambu p1p

4 Likes

Howā€™s it been? Any desire to upgrade it?

Its not upgradeable, its 100% proprietary.

I only ordered it last night, no idea how long it will rake to arrive

2 Likes

In the reviews Iā€™ve seen you can add all of the features the X1 has through upgrades

You can add the multi material unit and part fan, but the other stuff is exclusive to the x1. You can print walls for it but they reckon that itā€™s still not as good as the x1.

I donā€™t need any of that except for the part fan which iā€™m pretty sure comes in the early bird gift pack, so iā€™m sorted.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had the best luck using the textured PEI plate for everything, but I also had good luck using the engineering plate for PETG. Glue stick on the cool plate is just annoying

2 Likes

Iā€™m hoping whatever plate it comes with (i think textured pei) is good for petg. Donā€™t wanna fuck around with glue stick :face_vomiting:

2 Likes