šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

The real crime is both those jackets are cut too short. Any position other than standing straight with arms at the sides exposes my sensual muffin tops.

For sale: large xboards jacket $60, pics to follow:

5 Likes

That anyone bought lazyrolling gear when you could get an equivalent product for half the price at a motorbike store is fuckin beyond me. +100 points for marketing to those guys.

6 Likes

Definitely. I only got the casual pants when the new version came out and they were offloading them for like $80. Revzilla got that shit on lock.

5 Likes

This has been my struggle for so long. I returned 3 jackets I picked up on Amazon because they all crop topped me. I think it has something to do with buckling them to your belt so that they donā€™t slide up but I donā€™t care, Iā€™m trying to look stylish. I finally found one that is a normal length and also has a zip in thermal liner so itā€™s good for all year.

HWK Motorcycle Jacket for Men Adventure/Touring with Cordura Textile Fabric for Motorbike Riding and Impact Protection Armor https://a.co/d/8SJjX74

4 Likes

You should ask about how Lazyrolling felt about this. What I heard directly- they were the first for Esk8 and felt they got blatantly ripped off by Xboards. They just didnā€™t throw a multi-day public social media smear campaign in response.

FWIW: Iā€™m not saying I agree.

This is actually my point. Youā€™ll notice I said nothing at the time to Xboards about Lazyrolling, I didnā€™t see it as an issue then and I donā€™t see this as an issue now.

There are hundreds of similar riding jackets and hoodies available. Similarly there are hundreds of riding gloves available, all of varying degrees of similarity. There arenā€™t an equal number of manufacturers making these for all these companies either, itā€™s a small fraction pumping out a bunch of templated product.

Yā€™all are very hung up that these gloves share a palm-dot feature, but if you stop tunnel visioning and look at the industry at a whole they are no more similar than countless other brands of gloves are to each other.

Lastly, sending in a napkin drawing doesnā€™t mean you own their factory template. The amount of work and infrastructure that a textile factory puts in to be able to create commodity goods is much greater than the effort of some random client sending in customizations he wants to a product they already offer.

The people upset about this also have zero experience in manufacturing/distribution, and it shows. Take your misguided outrage and educate yourselves, please.

1 Like

I really only ever print in petg, so the extra cost of the carbon just didnā€™t seem justified for me.

Super excited tho. Been battling with this ender for a few weeks now and iā€™m ready to throw it in the bin.

3 Likes

Donā€™t, they make good platforms for other cnc stuff, like lasers and draw knive cutters. :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™m ready to take it of your hands and Iā€™m not even asking money

I donā€™t like tinkering with these things. Iā€™ll keep trying to tune it for the time being, but itā€™s really pissed me off. Been tinkering with it for nearly a month now and still canā€™t manage to get it dialled in.

I donā€™t have the patience or will to modify it.

4 Likes

skill issue :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Well a small diode laser or a line cutter would be far less complicated than printing. Basically all 2D stuff is. :smiley: But I get it, sometimes tinkering can get frustrating.

1 Like

I donā€™t doubt it for a second. Happy to pay 4x as much money for a printer that requires less skill :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

git gud. :grinning:

In all seriousness, everyone thatā€™s got one knows how much of a pain in the cock 3d printers can be. I have been tempted by a bamboo labs myself to go alongside my Voron 2.4 (which is pumping out consistent high quality prints) just for another press print and play printer. They look like great bits of kit

2 Likes

So far my Prusa has been very ā€œprint and playā€, although I had to assemble it myself. Then again, a Prusa is nowadays almost the price of a bamboo. If I had to fight an Ender 3 everytime I wanted to print something I probably would have kicked it to shit by now.

1 Like

For me to get a prusa here now its more than double the price of the p1p.

I loved the prusa, but the price is pretty hard to swallow with options like this available.

3 Likes

Yeah the price it pretty steep. Got mine for 790ā‚¬ (kit price), and that already felt like a lot. Apart from automatic bed leveling if hasnā€™t got the many nice features a bamboo has. Mainly got it because all the parts are printable and the ā€œopen sourceā€ feeling about it. If I were you Iā€™d done the same thing.

Yeah when we bought the prusa for the shop it was like 1600aud for the kit. I actually enjoyed the build but if weā€™re comparing prices, the p1p comes pretty much fully assembled.

1 Like

yeah would be silly to spend that much money on a bed slinger!

Bambu stuff is wild. Its like 100% dumb dumb proof. I cant imagine what a skilled printer can do or being someome who slogged through other models . Plus the speed is wild. I definitely feel like i cheated it being my first one.

My body is ready. Bank account is pretty upset but fuck that guy

3 Likes