🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

So do I
But still trying take the time for respect people

1 Like

I think there will always be design elements from different ESK8 products in each other. Sometimes it is just one, sometimes it is a full-blown copy. Since lots of products are aiming for the same function, there is always going to be certain degree of convergent evolution, aka function dictates form and things will look alike. We have seen people come up with similar products in the past and it is bound to continue.

Lots of products are attempts to improve on the function of previous products. In some cases it is availability issue. In my case, other companies make precision bushing cups but the shipping makes them way too expensive. Also, they do not hug the kingpin as tight and the walls are not as tall. It could be argued that I just copied other products out there on the market. Since the function is so limited, there is no alternative to the basic form of a bushing cup. It could be argued gloves are similar. The form follows the function.

2 Likes

oh no guys

i made a hoyt puck shell and am practically giving them away at cost

i’m so disrespectful

Circles by design are going to be the least catchy slide design, because there are no hard lines/edges to be catchy. Sure other shapes could be made to work but why risk it.

Why not two large pieces instead of the mini pucks. Smaller pieces spread out means a more flexible glove, which is important because we need to hold remotes.

APEX tried to be a bit different in other aspects, but yes form follows function.

3 Likes

No one took your anything. Rotary seal have been around for a long time and 3Ds been using them a lot longer then jump drive even been around

See Finality hub

Also press fit isn’t a new concept, and one could make the whole chicken or egg argument here as well with what you guys have coming

This was announced a little while ago
And your product looks dang slight the same.

But at the end of the day our game here is confined by a lot of existing components and people wanting certain thing (pressfit, MBS hubs) and it sort of makes sense that the products interacting within these confines will look similar and have similar functions.

And a quick note, there is some info going around about me copying Xs Tires. I did not, if anything I copied Lacroix…

I tried this tire back in 2020 when Lacroix had it available and it was the best AT tire I’ve tried and have always had it in the back of my mind. So I reached out to the supplier through Alibaba, they charged me a price for the mold with my logo on it and the rest is history. ANYONE can reach out to the same supplier pay for the mold fee and order these in whatever the agreed upon MOQ is.

In closing, this sort of back and forth and designs inspirations are going to keep going back and forth, everyone in the game has played a part, all esk8 vendors have similar products make new products that fulfil the same functions and share similarities with other Vendor products

@XBoard as I mentioned before I really like your gloves will keep buying them

And if I happen to move to the Uk and need new gloves will likely buy apex cause who needs to pay that shipping, I just don’t want my hands scraped up. Let’s all have some beers and go on a nice long sk8

11 Likes

now we should argue about what kind of beer to have

3 Likes

Can’t even argue there, it’s right on the can!!!

1 Like

except we started this on the 26th November 2022

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 20.40.48

But yes, I agree, too much arguing for now. Kinda tired!

2 Likes

Yeah I figured y’all prolly had to draw things up. I think we will keep seeing all this sort of thing. Until there is a dramatic shift in product styles and applications we are essentially all working with the same set of parts and trying to do the same thing in our own way. Only person actually innovating here is freaking mister big printed wheel hub, finding new ways for people to eat street since 03/2023

7 Likes

Hey
For the tire i never say anything about it and most to you @Skyart
Some people send me pm and I ignore it as well
Bc don’t need to
The quick story of this tire I design are for some years ago ALEX (la croix) we have speak about it
Yes I did the design pay for the mould and the manufacture fuck me up voila for the short story

This will help
Also @Savage1 this personal info as he bring up this with O info
I’m all good with you @Skyart and you know it

2 Likes

7 Likes

I just wanted to chime in and say I much rather have jump drives than a massive 3ds drive lmao

5.5:1 ratio on something small enough for 6in pneumatics :drooling_face::drooling_face:

2 Likes

I need 1:7 real bad someone plz make

:flushed::thinking: 1:7 = 4wd 1:3.5?:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

1:7 on 7in wheels would be dope, burnout city

Maybe? Sounds like the most expensive way to get more torque haha

1 Like

150mm

1 Like

Nonsense.

Direct drive. Hub motor. Large kart tire.

And you only need one.

And the lightest 20s board you can get. Easily carried with you. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

So, let’s say this is a valid concern:

why-for-what

Also: where was this outrage for LazyRolling’s reflective armored hoodie?

4 Likes

Those jackets look pretty different to me. If they used the same fabric same cuts, fit, design, and stitching, I think you would see some people upset.

I don’t think anyone would ever look at an xboard jacket and think it was made by lazy rolling. If you look at a product and think oh, that’s made by (insert competitor to product)… maybe it’s a little too similar?

4 Likes

And you could easily say lazy rolling copied the billion other “stealth” motorcycle padded jackets. X boards mini puck design seems to be somewhat novel at least.