I havenā€™t! I shall try and see how it feels :+1:

1 Like

Send it!!!

Woah now there, u donā€™t wanna get sued again

1 Like

Canbus cable for 4wd?

Yessir, twisted and shielded

4 Likes

@XBoard we are very willing to discuss this with you, itā€™s just that whenever someone tryā€™s to, your response is ā€œwow what a fanboy, Iā€™ve been wronged and youā€™re ignoring itā€

So letā€™s discuss. What features on the apex gloves are you claiming you developed and they stole from you?

Please donā€™t respond with ā€œjust look at the pictures yourself, itā€™s clearly a copy!ā€ That is not moving the conversation forwards. Thanks.

6 Likes

too late, velcroā€™s lawyers are on the hunt

1 Like

Mocked up a nice comparison for everyone to draw from:

If Iā€™m being 100% honest, I say the outsides of them look significantly different.

The palm sideā€¦ Idk. Same rivet placement, pad size, and pad placement. The upper pad is the same shape as Xboard but omits the rivets.

5 Likes

Adding this photo, because I think itā€™s a fair representation of the similarities that xboard is taking issue with.

• There are similarities, but Apex made the design their own modifying features, offering a differentiated product.
  • As @DerelictRobot pointed out, there are no design protections on gloves
  • Xboard and apex are on different continents, so let me ask Xboard, is all this shit slinging really worth the damage to your brand that you are incurring?
11 Likes

Is this different to franks trampAIRs?

https://forum.esk8.news/t/divisive-polls-only/73965/416?u=rosco

2 Likes

Come on
One actually say something he whant to know what happened and is @Static

After all the rest was defending some bad practice company
Because they like them or donā€™t like I point what shady move they do

First do you think this is really respectful to ask a company to work with it and behind to this move

Also escuse me but texting in English is not my point for so to explain is a little harder but in perso will be more easy

The air is really a modified truck from an e-toxx design.

When it come to things like gloves, mounts, gear drives, etc etc, it can be hard to find innovations, when most of the time, function defines the form. There is always going to be some overlap, I can understand where both parties are coming from.

5 Likes

Every good idea we have had has been integrated into other designs, ESC cases, gearbox ideas, shockpads etc etc etc. Ideas we have spent lots of time and money developing - Itā€™s what happens when you donā€™t have IP protection in a small industry like this. We will make almost no money off these gloves, we made more money this week selling gearboxes than we would make in 2 years of selling these gloves. Itā€™s not about money, Itā€™s something I personally wanted to do because weā€™ve been unable to source anything at a decent enough price and I wanted to provide some. We asked flatland if we could resell, they donā€™t have the stock. We asked X if we could resell his but he wanted too much money. Maybe his are much higher quality, iā€™ve never seen them so I donā€™t know, but we didnā€™t want to pay that much money so it was a no deal.

Id like to see where those that are not happy with this have also said the same things when our ideas also get integrated into other designs. Who here kicked off when 3d services took our shaft seal and push fit idea into their new gearbox? Who kicked off that Core mountainboards are selling a eMTB with shockpads that are the same as ours? etc etc

I honestly and genuinely thought we had made them different enough, X I couldnā€™t care if we take them off sale just to stop all this, itā€™s a few 100 dollars worth of gloves that nobody has any IP protection on. some of the features are the same because - its a glove.

Making the gloves was my idea and I wish I never bothered. Some people on this forum have short or selective memories and forget all the good you do for years and years and fucking years

X I tried to talk to you on yesterday but all you did is just tell me how much of a bad person I am, not really sure what you want to achieve by carrying this on any further?

20 Likes

Dommage to my brand for pointing bad practices
And how disrespectful they did it

I was expected more about people here and be more fair of judgment

Really sad to see this
But I have learned

But I guess like @Savage1 I need to lean in the room Iā€™m

Look like if younot a friend of the friend
You better to keep you head dow

1 Like

First you didnā€™t say or try to discuss about price

At list I should have heard sorry price is to hight
Will work on our own

Second think try to speak with me
The only think you say is we share some puck rest is totally different and is not glove are 95% same

So most make me so sad

Is how your move is disrespectful. It is this I whant to point the most rest not really important

Iā€™m not involved in this, and from the outside, it looks like your brand is being damaged by obessively trying to drag Apex and Lee through the dirt, sending other people to pollute their social media, and not listening at all, to what anyone else says. Itā€™s rude, and unprofessional.

Also, your English is fine. I can understand it no problem. The issues is what is being chosen to air publicly, without any listening to what others are saying.

I donā€™t know about those other instances, specifically because Iā€™m not very aware or connected to what comes out in this industry. Admittedly, my attention is usually elsewhere.

However, I made it known that when MBoards released that eMTB, that it was very obviously a clone of the Apex Predator.

I was salty about it for a bit, and then I got over it. And the Apex Predator isnā€™t even my board.

Separately, I had someone I considered a friendly colleague literally steal my ideas and processes. Like, from within my shop. Photos and everything. Then laid out that they intend to produce what I do for cheaper and in larger numbers. A literal, proposed, reproduction of the same product.

I was salty for a while, I bitched vehemently to my friends and other colleagues Iā€™ve known for a while. We commisserated in how fucked up it was. I got guidance from people I respect, and I had a conversation with this person over the phone, to confirm that what I thought I heard, was correct and that I wasnā€™t going crazy due to stress.

After that, I put my head down, improved what I was doing and how I was doing it, and put extra work in to offer value in more ways, and have a better offering before that other product can even release.

Because as @Lee_Wright said, in a small industry with small companies, thatā€™s just how it goes.

Lee has conducted himself with poise, and dignity, and has contributed to the industry in many, many ways. Not just through the products that Apex offers, but in the YouTube videos he made, that were pivotal in me even being able to start a business at all.

For those things, this community should be grateful.

And this whole brouhaha, from the outside, looks unfortunate and silly.

14 Likes

Ok Mario
Just one think
To be fair I ask one person to say something and he say NO
The other I didnā€™t
I have no control on this
So thank you to understanding

Also about my English
What Iā€™m saying is difficult for me to explain everything with kindness or more cool
I know everyone can understand me
But I donā€™t have the finesse of work like other
Hope this make you more understanding what I mean

1 Like

One of the reasons many of us are able to enjoy the hobby is because of the relatively cheap price of products manufactured in China. I am warning you guys, this may come to an abrupt end in the near future. There are two options that I can see. Move manufacturing of parts back to the United States or find another county such as Mexico or Vietnam to make parts in.

5 Likes

Mexico, Poland etc etc. Its going to happen

5 Likes

Move to USA
spend the money you win in your country in your country and make job for people

4 Likes