šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

@Skyart what are you using 4awg cable for?

1 Like

lol, maybe itā€™s co-edited by an american and brit

1 Like

Shit fuck is that 2-0?

4ga

For some truly continuous 400amp batteries!

3 Likes

@Skyart from my batch?

2 Likes

Yes! But 8mm shaft, these are last 2

2 Likes

2 Likes

Use 12.9 bolts next time, no stainless

1 Like

Itā€™s what came with the drives. Heated them up to loosen because of the red loctite but didnā€™t reheat to tighten again (wasnā€™t sure if I should because the other side tightened down ok without heat)

2 Likes

Oh, which drives are those?

1 Like

Newbee 4GS. I swapped my wheels to new wheels and had to adjust the drives out a few millimeters, so I had to loosen the clamp screw. Other side was fine, this oneā€¦ not so much

2 Likes

Maybe new bolt or retemper

Yeah makes sense, it seems like it would also help to seal up the bolt holes with silicone or something though. I was watching a video about a caravan build where he was very careful to silicone any screws going into the wood so there wouldnā€™t be water entering through that little gap in the weather sealing

my first thought was. Midjourney AI generated photo for ā€œelectric skateboardersā€

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ll have to figure out the best route to get this one out.

1 Like

Is it possible to fit a nut with some Loctite 638 on the bottom exposed threads? Then you could thread it out the other end, right?

Yeah, Iā€™ll have to figure out the best route to get this one out.

2 Likes

If you can see the other side maybe hit it with heat & the right size one of these, first use one side to make the guide divot then flip & use the extractor in reverse

DMAXO 05 Pcs Damaged Screw Extractor Set - Broken Screw Removal Tool - Screw Remover Drill Bit Set for Damaged Screw Heads - Stripped Screw Extractor - High Speed Steel 4341 62-63 HRC https://amzn.eu/d/bSCQ2KM

1 Like

Thatā€™s a pretty respectable pace my dude :metal:

3 Likes