šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

I powder-coated all of mine. Holds up well if you donā€™t deliberately scratch it on the ground :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh shit sweet is that your board on insta then? What drivetrain you planning on running there?

2 Likes

10char

2 Likes

There is no way Iā€™d buy a helmet from another country without knowing it would fit first because that sounds like a nightmare to deal with. (your text says ā€œen stockā€ and not ā€œin stockā€ hence me saying it is from another country)

Plus Iā€™d want to see if it at least fit comfortably with some of my lighter / thinner frame glasses or not. No depth perception while going 20+ mph sounds like a bad idea :rofl:

1 Like

This gives of dall-e (or some other AI generated image service) vibes :rofl:

1 Like

Draw me two eskers one board. Lol

2 Likes

Fuck, I replied in the pictures thread to start with. My bad for thinking it was the replies thread since he added text in the post

I donā€™t get what the problem is here? those were the only bolts in the right size available to buy to replace the old ones that came with it. I think it only came with two bolts but it might have had 3 and I lost one. Those are just bolts holding the OG focbox ā€œheat sinkā€ plate to the better heat sink plate. There will also be a nice layer of very sticky thermal paste between the two, but also gravity will be working to help hold them together when installed on my board :person_shrugging:

Also you completely missed the fact that the heat sink plate isnā€™t even currently bolted onto the enclosure itself :rofl: which is a much bigger issue. the photo was to show how tight the hole is and how it can hold the enclosure in place without needing to even bolt it in

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using phillips head bolts in places where you donā€™t need to put high torque on the bolts to properly secure them. Also even if they do strip they are 1000 x easier to extract than any hex bolts are

Fortnine is a Canadian company. ā€œen stockā€ is grammatically correct french for our English speaking country.

Fortnine is actually pretty great if you find something you like there they have awesome customer service.

WRONG

1 Like

you can find an airflite anywhere, probably one of the most popular helmets out there, you can for sure find one on amazon that will be here sometime in the next couple of days with free returns, I had one of those for motorcycles and would not ride with it for esk8, its too heavy and does not provide as much movement as I like, I have an mtb helmet that is noticeable but doesnā€™t hinder my ability to check over my shoulder anything like an airflite. Having a mountain bike helmet with googles is so much easier for glasses, these are the 100% armega and are designed for going over glasses so you can put on the helmet, slide in your glasses like usual, and then put the strap the googles on right over your glasses, I rode with glasses under this helmet for a really long time and its super comfortable. Also, this is the only helmet that I have gotten a lot of random compliments on that its cool, I know why it doesnā€™t seem like anything special to me but I guess people like it.

This is the current state of my helmet that took some inspiration from that specific airflite (donā€™t mind the duct tape, its there in the winter to seal off the airflow channels so it stays warm)

1 Like

Philips head bolts SUCK ASSHOLE

1 Like

#PhilipsHaterSquad

I would also like to say that phillips heads can eat several thousand bags of dicks.

5 Likes

1 Like

Phillips should have died and been replaced by torx. Itā€™s really a failed technology that should be buried

7 Likes

Yā€™all act like these are bad things.
No worries, more for me and @BillGordon

6 Likes

Great job making the cutout in the enclosure. :+1:t3:. I made that heatsink, and usually would include 4 socket head cap screws along with steel & rubber washers. Not sure where you got the heatsink, but I can send you some hardware for it if need be.

6 Likes

You must certainly be atleast the 68th nicest guy here after that. :green_heart::alien:

3 Likes

Nope, Iā€™ve dropped to 96thšŸ˜”