🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

have anyone used revel kits?

1 Like

@frame

1 Like

Welcome to the forums!
You might get a better response to your question if you post in the noob question thread as this thread is just for discussing images/photos that were posted.

(edit) whoa…never mind…you asked the same question in at least two places.

2 Likes

@ShutterShock

1 Like

A few of us have Revel kit. What do u want to know about it?

1 Like

↑↑↑

2 Likes

Nice build!!! How you digging those trucks?

3 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks the picture thread was the on the top so I looked at it first!

1 Like

Got some more info. He is using this and it is mounted like this.

6 Likes

Thx for the link bruh. Good price as well.

3 Likes

Holy shit we’re all trying to live in 2030 and this man’s living in 3020

2 Likes

It’d be hard to apply to a skateboard since the angle of incidence is much higher, which would require a shorter throw and some major keystone corrections. Not to mention increased vibrations on a board affecting sensitive optics (DLP projectors basically work by millions of microscopic mirrors, one for each pixel, flipping up and down). At 25 lumens I’m guessing it’ll only be useful at night.

1 Like

Okay direct from the rider:

It’s this one:

https://www.aaxatech.com/products/P8_mini_projector.html

Other parts: a 3d printed mount to fit the Sherman headlight mount, a 1/4 thumbscrew to attach the mount to the camera mounting thread at the bottom, and a DIY 3.5mm plug - original barrel plug adapter (since that’s what the Sherman uses for powering its lights). Also optionally a Bluetooth presentation trackball mouse so I can have a mouse cursor to use other apps like YouTube, Chrome, Maps, etc., and run through settings more easily.

It runs Android locally, so it connects directly to my wheel through Bluetooth and has EUC World installed on it, no phone needed for my use case. No GPS, so I’ll try to add an external GPS receiver through its USB port.

It’d be difficult to get it mounted high enough and pointed down enough for esk8, though.

That should cover basically everything, let me know if you have any questions.

3 Likes

I think that’s awesome!!

1 Like

ohhh ok thx. That’s badass.

1 Like

wait, is that a 36" Evo on pneumatics with 220mm trucks? @RDs check this out

1 Like

yeah, had this for 2 years or so and love it. but scary the axle broke. any replacement recommendation? i was really lucky as I wasn’t very fast when it broke. I’m kinda done with TB though. too many problems on almost every part I had. also bit scary how easy i could remove it. didn’t seem to be glued in.

Boardnamics hangers should be a direct replacement I think. If you go for the 270mm ones you can even get 10mm axles

do you think these fit? It’s these trucks

I am actually hoping to replace the axle only. came out easy. Ideally with titanium but axles seem hard to find.