šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Iā€™ve always imagined a stepping machine with a mold of your foot, to help break in shoes. That or hire someone with a similar foot size and shape :joy:

They need some serious breaking in on the leather sections. Gonna try wet them and speed up the break-in process

1 Like

Thatā€™s not bad at all. Cheapest Iā€™ve gotten quoted so far is $150 for a set of 4

1 Like

Damn ya thatā€™s pretty steep. I just brought it in to the first shop that I found which was closest to me and the quote was reasonable. Maybe they think itā€™s larger than they really are? Idk but at that point you could likely mail it to a shop across the country and save money lol

I love the shape of this deck! Iā€™m curious to try it

1 Like

thatā€™s a jig for deck drilling ? looks like a lot of hour of 3D printing xD

5 Likes

Yep, needed to remake my jig cos I did some bad CAD on the first iteration. And i added the locating piece to make it easier to use. It was 18hrs :rofl: coulda been faster but i didnā€™t need it to be :grin:

Was also my first time experimenting with modifiers in prusaslicer, was pretty cool! Increased walls and infill in the areas that get clamped.

6 Likes

Nice my fear with these printed guides is that Iā€™d drill a bit off into the plastic depending on the tolerances.

4 Likes

:rofl: exactly. Thereā€™s a shop near me I need to stop by and ask. Just havenā€™t had time yet but Iā€™m hoping theyā€™ll give a local discount :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Gyroid infill ftw!

4 Likes

It definitely needs to be considered. The waste material is what seems to kill the prints in my experience.

As long as you keep the drill nice and straight, eject waste in small amounts, and go at it from both sides, it seems to be ok

2 Likes

This remade with unthreaded rivet nuts dropped in would make a solid jig. Bonus points for turning the nose into a vise clamp that threads the parts together tiiiiight.

3d printing is so neat.

6 Likes

Do the tyres and bearings still fit?:thinking:

They taped off the areas where the 2 pieces of the rim secure together so the tire shouldnt be an issue. The bearings on the other hand will hopefully not be an issue but Iā€™m kinda rolling the dice on that one

I think youā€™ll be removing the paint from the bearing seats for sure. Unless the bearings were rattling around in there before.

Time will tell but Iā€™m not super worried about it

But does it make your skate go back home by itself when you loose it?

2 Likes

You could always use some heat set inserts, either threaded off the shelf ones for injection moulding, or turn some custom ones

2 Likes

Weā€™ll just call it a copy of metr. Iā€™m surprised they were able to make it rectangular. Hasnā€™t that shape already been used for that? Thatā€™s a straight Xerox copy

3 Likes

Whatā€™s the deal with trampa? Why do i see so much hate?