šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Do yā€™all drill holes into your butly tape or try to offset it from the enclosure screws?

I personally

• roll the butyl tape into a rope with about 3-5mm diameter
    OR
  • buy butyl rope

and then route it such that it goes inside the boltholes. You donā€™t need any on the outer side of the bolt.

2 Likes

Ah ok I think I see what you mean, thanks.

1 Like

They donā€™t sound like actual reasons

1 Like

Mine has the same footprint/width as the enclosure and yeah all the bolts holes are drilled and bolted through it.

1 Like

holy fuckballs

What wheel is this?

1. Donā€™t even know where i lost it. My next mission is to find my chunk :rofl:
2 Likes

Did you ride through any gravel? Iā€™d look there first.

1 Like

Itā€™s crazy to think you lost a chunk of your wheel thatā€™s potentially big enough to cause another skateboard to crash.

Yeah there is regular gravel riding on my route. It might be a bit of a mission to find the chunk, got 30km it could be in :sweat_smile:

Lol right!? It still rides fine too

Donā€™t underestimate yourself. One time I found a 3mm motor key that Iā€™d lost somewhere on my ride. Still canā€™t believe it.

Thatā€™s fucking crazy lol

1 Like

Iā€™d say thatā€™s a well deserved upgrade

2 Likes

Congratulations dude.

3 Likes

Thank you! Been 683 days since the channel was created! Itā€™s all up and on from here. Very excited for the future

6 Likes

Lmao oops

@Mikenopolis I thought we were in the replies thread because of the emoji lol

Is that a rock in there or a piece of gum? Also please explain how there was a hole in the first place because that seems so strange

1 Like

Itā€™s for a set screw.

5 Likes

ooooh that makes way more sense than having a belt pulley that is hollow aluminum/ whatever other metal they might use. Mine donā€™t use set screws in the side like that so I didnā€™t realize that was an option :person_facepalming: :rofl:

3 Likes