šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

pivotcupcision

I like what you did to the handlebar there.

2 Likes

Haha cheers. Iā€™ve never cord wrapped anything before but i gave it a red hot crack.

Battery died 1km from base and I had to walk it back today, so was grateful for yesterdayā€™s work :rofl:

10 Likes

Looks good! Gotta thank yesterdays glyphiks :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

GOD Iā€™m so turned on

3 Likes

Somehow my bushing fell out and I only noticed it while I was going 40+mph, how Iā€™m not in the hospital is beyond me, I went back through and couldnā€™t find it. No idea how it happened but itā€™s a good excuse to get the Lacroix bushing adapter.

2 Likes

You need the longer bolts too, those shorties wonā€™t keep lacroix adapters in either

Yeah, the radium ones come with them

2 Likes

Bushing lock systemšŸ‘Œ

8 Likes

I can confirm, you will NOT be losing a shockblock with the riptide adapters and the riptide blocks feel fantastic.

4 Likes

Second this

1 Like

Been curious about trying riptide blocks in my matrix 2s in case anyone has some theyā€™re not using and wants to unloadā€¦

Youā€™ll need adaptors to do so properly. Got mine from Radium Performance.

1 Like

Yeah definitely. It just kills me that they donā€™t sell the damn bushings to go with the adaptors theyā€™re meant for.

3 Likes

I bought the blocks directly from riptide. Their US shipping is the cheapest of any vendor Iā€™ve seen.

3 Likes

It is 100% the fact that I have to place 2 separate orders from 2 companies just to try one upgrade that irks me.

9 Likes

The Mad Max of Esk8s

2 Likes

Going from memory, the Radium bolts will be too long for the 3ds hangers. I seem to think that the Lacroix bolts are the perfect length for the 3ds hanger/radium adapter/RT bushing.

Since everyone is talking about these things, I decided to post pictures from my recent RT bushing conversion.

I can confirm that these bushings totally transform the MBS Matrix trucks. The angular profile of the RT bushings have a really nice progressive feel. Soft in the middle but progressively firm towards the outside. Such a nice feel.

4 Likes

Interesting, can anyone confirm this, I already placed an order with radium so I might have to edit it if they donā€™t fit, looking at the Radium bolts and the Lacroix bolts online, they definitely look a lot longer.

@JeffyJ Ditto. Several SRB racing legends have run me through the basic mechanics, the advantages, adjustment caveats, and tips to dial in the last 5% of performance youā€™d only need on a track.

Doesnā€™t register. I just need to feel it out.

What did you mean by ā€œradius rodā€? The spacer between the two motor mounts that keeps them parellel to each other and hopefully perpendicular to the axle?

2 Likes