🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

I humbly disagree. If the air is still then the silicone would have lower thermal resistance and would sink away heat better. Air is a much better insulator than silicone.

In still air you can only cool via radiation, which wouldn’t be much, or via convection. In a small space there’s no room to set up decent convection currents so the cooling via that method is small too.

7 Likes

Every part of this mount rattled loose on a 6 mile ride. Back to the drawing board. Im going to copy @JoeyZ5

1 Like

I used a shred light mount flipped upside down and screwed it to that.

3 Likes

This looks like a riot of fun. Tkp, short wheel base, and good hubs. Wish I could try it

2 Likes

Can confirm that silicone actually transfers heat reasonably well. I have my escs siliconed down to a curved aluminium heatsink that gets surprisingly warm.

2 Likes

Finally made an enclosure, new old battery from @haven is really impressing me after a single shakedown ride. No cutouts and moar range compared to the 30qs sitting in the background. Guess battery tech really does make a difference, ty molicel

2 Likes

Awesome setup! Glad to hear the battery is performing well for you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

To go to all that trouble I’d also put some thick epoxy where shown in attached pic. I’ve had magnets slide up on FS6384s.

5 Likes

DIY retaining ring :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah it got me another 100km or so before i completely cooked them

Edit: pushing too many amps for them so can’t really blame them.

1 Like

Dude.
Was that on the newer battle hardened ones?
Because to me those magnets look super duper glued down.

I do wonder if that blue chunk of epoxy was always at the bottom there or if it was up here and fell off and ended up there.

I can’t seem to dislodge it easy…

2 Likes

Yep, ‘battle hardened’ but still slipped.

I needed to sand a little after this, but u get the idea.

4 Likes

Wow dude.
You might be better at breaking shit than I am.

Good work!!!

2 Likes

I’ve been banging this one hard for about 3 weeks now. Pretty addictive.

1 Like

7 Likes

Yeah fcatrs are already great, and bloody beetroots are just fun

1 Like

Every one of these decks seems to break like that

bq76952…nice!
Amazed you found enough of them for production.

2 Likes

Have to ask my college but a few weeks ago the 1000 unit price was good and lead time was 1 day.
This is the prototype, we are doing the project together with Dr. Martin Jäger from Hamburg.
Next step will be a reseign with a few more features like separate charge port, moisture sensor, Wake-up-over CAN and more.
If you like to see special features or need a BMS for projects please let me know.

3 Likes

What markets are you planning to sell this to? Any ISO specific certifications?