🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

I bolted the OEM mount onto two pieces of metal that sandwich the matrix ii baseplate. Also wrapped it all in stretchy rubber tape.

2 Likes

Silicone is an insulator and would cause the device to heat up more than if it was just bare. I’ll be coating it in conformal coating to add back some water proofing and I’ll likely add a bit of silicone where the USB wires are soldered to the board for strength and insulation since one lead got stripped too far and is now completely bare. The silicone I add will still have the PCB take up much less space since the pcb height is pretty short except for the capacitors.

I humbly disagree. If the air is still then the silicone would have lower thermal resistance and would sink away heat better. Air is a much better insulator than silicone.

In still air you can only cool via radiation, which wouldn’t be much, or via convection. In a small space there’s no room to set up decent convection currents so the cooling via that method is small too.

7 Likes

Every part of this mount rattled loose on a 6 mile ride. Back to the drawing board. Im going to copy @JoeyZ5

1 Like

I used a shred light mount flipped upside down and screwed it to that.

3 Likes

This looks like a riot of fun. Tkp, short wheel base, and good hubs. Wish I could try it

2 Likes

Can confirm that silicone actually transfers heat reasonably well. I have my escs siliconed down to a curved aluminium heatsink that gets surprisingly warm.

2 Likes

Finally made an enclosure, new old battery from @haven is really impressing me after a single shakedown ride. No cutouts and moar range compared to the 30qs sitting in the background. Guess battery tech really does make a difference, ty molicel

2 Likes

Awesome setup! Glad to hear the battery is performing well for you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

To go to all that trouble I’d also put some thick epoxy where shown in attached pic. I’ve had magnets slide up on FS6384s.

5 Likes

DIY retaining ring :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah it got me another 100km or so before i completely cooked them

Edit: pushing too many amps for them so can’t really blame them.

1 Like

Dude.
Was that on the newer battle hardened ones?
Because to me those magnets look super duper glued down.

I do wonder if that blue chunk of epoxy was always at the bottom there or if it was up here and fell off and ended up there.

I can’t seem to dislodge it easy…

2 Likes

Yep, ‘battle hardened’ but still slipped.

I needed to sand a little after this, but u get the idea.

4 Likes

Wow dude.
You might be better at breaking shit than I am.

Good work!!!

2 Likes

I’ve been banging this one hard for about 3 weeks now. Pretty addictive.

1 Like

7 Likes

Yeah fcatrs are already great, and bloody beetroots are just fun

1 Like

Every one of these decks seems to break like that

bq76952…nice!
Amazed you found enough of them for production.

2 Likes