šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Yikes dude! You all good? Any idea what happened?

5 Likes

I know it wasnā€™t hus god tier shoes fault @glyphiks :kissing_heart:

@Stealther hope youā€™re alright and heal quickly!

6 Likes

I should have known youā€™d be up in here with that :smirk:

3 Likes

Dang is that a cast baseplate? Iā€™m never using cast baseplates on Esk8 everā€¦this exact thing happened to me. I donā€™t think that part is good enough for our use of made out of cast alu

5 Likes

Did that only take one dayā€™s worth of riding to snap!? Thatā€™s mental.

1 Like

Man, I hope that damage to your glasses was from them falling off. Heal up!

2 Likes

DANG! Hope youā€™re okay!

What was it? ESC cut out?

3 Likes

He wobbled out because he was going fast with soft bushings on dkp trucks. It wasnā€™t hardware failure.

3 Likes

we-dont-do-that-here-black-panther

5 Likes

I might be. The struggle is half the fun.

More like BMS cutout, but also shit nontheless

1 Like

Yep, in true casting form. They could crack from a small hit, and youā€™d never know it. Then, imagine riding along and you hit a small bump, and it finally gives out.

8 Likes

Lol I donā€™t even have to imagine :joy:

7 Likes

Put it in the back of your mind and come back to it whenever. Only thinking like $20 plus shipping. Silhouette cameo 2. Lots of super cute bonus stickers.

1 Like

+1

14 Likes

Holy fuck man, that helmet.

8 Likes

You can hardly see how crunched in it is with it being so white but yeah. Barely remember that crash.

I was going on one final ride before packing my board up for Colorado Thunder in the Mountains and was literally 60 seconds from being home. Jumped a speed bump that Iā€™d jumped a billion times before and it immediately felt like I had no bushings in.

8 Likes

Itā€™s kind of nuts how many cracked trucks Iā€™ve seen around here in the not very long time Iā€™ve been around. I guess vibration is a lot worse vs raw impact than I initially thought. Obviously, they were different trucks, but I used cast trucks to jump off of things up to about 10 feet high for years and never had anything fail other than a couple of kingpins on certain brands. I guess I did see people break some low-end street skating trucks and there are a couple of examples of pros breaking them mostly on stuff over 10 feet tall, but itā€™s surprising to me that stuff doesnā€™t break them more compared to eskate.

Also how common are broken kingpins? Since that is the only thing Iā€™ve experienced before and there are so many broken trucks I would think there would be tons of broken kingpins.

1 Like

5 Likes

Yupā€¦ Previous Atlas was forged. Guess to keep the price the same and increase performance they had to cut corners like this