šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

My old boss used to say ā€˜assumptions are the mother of all fuck upsā€™

2 Likes

Definitely a fair assessment, I had the money to spare and was in the market, and did a ton of background research, so I was confident when I backed the project.

Itā€™s been going nonstop since I got it haha

So far, Iā€™ve printed PETG, ABS, PLA, Silk PLA, and PLA+

Pretty much zero flaws on any of em

3 Likes

Itā€™s a DV4. This is a different unit but same version

1 Like

Iā€™m so glad to hear! Not overly surprised. They really look like they have their shit together, and this isnā€™t some fly by night operation, to hype and grab cash.
Love the LiDAR sensor to tackle flow rate and linear advance. THATā€™S clever. Love the core xy goodness.
Whatā€™s your thoughts on the extruder assembly?

1 Like

I have no issue with their proprietary parts, especially since theyā€™re so affordable.

1 Like

Why just the front truck ? you will really notice the stability if you change the rear truck

This was the first ride with them just to get a feel.

My plan is to keep this flux complete as I love the build the way it is and it feels ā€œdoneā€.

Iā€™d like to start a new build centered on the 3links.

Iā€™ve got a second gen, brand new flux deck/enclosure sitting in the wings for a build. Iā€™m not 100% sure itā€™s the right deck choice for the 3links so am using my current flux as a test mule to make that decision. Biggest issue is going to be fitment and me wanting to run 8ā€ tires. Since the main concern is the front end I decided to just leave the rear as is during this test phase. Iā€™m 100% sure swapping the rear end will make everything even better.

So in the end Iā€™ll either have two flux builds, one MBS and one 3link. Or an entirely different deck built up with the 3links.

5 Likes

Even after snorting 49 fucking grams of it, he was still convinced of its mind-altering properties?

Wait, where did he procure 50 grams of dried human semen FFS?

Who is drying their semen anyway?

Why doesnā€™t the drying of the semen kill the viruses and bacteria it contains?

And how many ml of fresh semen do you need to produce 50 grams of dried powder?

You know what? Fuck it. Iā€™m gonna call ā€˜fake newsā€™ on this.

10 Likes

I have all of these answers but can only focus on one point:

The sheer mass of 50 grams being snorted.

2 Likes

Socks

Every hs/college male who owns socks

Tbf, the socks probably added a few diseases

Good question

5 Likes

this is the most convincing anti drug campaing I have ever seen

2 Likes

well do you have any proof than snorting dryed semen doesnā€™t makes you high ?

3 Likes

@Tanuki you certainly got that million screw aesthetic lol. Itā€™s not a big deal, but (visually) it kinda bugs me how the screws arenā€™t uniformly spaced with relation to the spokes tho

3 Likes

Lord knows you donā€™t need that many either :joy:

Are the outer rings for aesthetics only? It looks like just thereā€™s a lip on the inside so it has to be printed

2 Likes

Bugged me too, but this is the best solution as I have to spare out the part where the tube valve comes through. :smiley:

Hahaha yeah they are mostly there for the looks. :smiley: They hold the front lip/flange though, which gets printed separately, so they are not completely useless. :smiley:

Heat set inserts or through bolted?

Inserts for the cap screws, through bolts for the outer ring.

1 Like

Beadlock?

what about just using 10 screws?

I hate every single one of your answers here, ANDREW.

2 Likes