Removable, Sectional 10S4P

Balance leads are typically on the positive for the BMSs I’ve been using. Its also that way for the Evolve BMSs.

I think the ones I’ve used the most are bestech or bestech clones.

Oh do those only have 10 leads for 10s? I’m used to the DALY and LTT with 11 leads for 10s

1 Like

yeah or sometimes 11 where 0 is pack negative and 10 is pack positive.

Get an iron with better heat delivery like the TS80, there’s never a need to turn an iron up past 330°C.

Unless you’re working with that lead-free garbage.

2 Likes

I was about to ask what BMS you are using.

Some BMS’s use a (B-) balance lead, some don’t. A BMS that does would need that extra (-) connection somewhere, maybe. It says (b-) so I plug it in😂

I’m gonna snag one for my birthday, I’m still getting some chooch out of the Xtronics 3020 still. Leaded of course, I’m not playing with that hippie garbage lol

1 Like

This is blashphemy irons should always be at 480C. Otherwise our manhood gets called into question.

480C OR DIE!!

4 Likes

that sweet 60/40.

2 Likes

FOUR-EIGHTY C GANG!!

1 Like

I mean, you’re going to die from the fumes of burning flux and plastic sooo both I guess??

3 Likes

I think I have Kester’s rosin core 63/37 blend actually, I’ve been meaning to get coreless and use a flux brush but I still have at least 1/2 lb left

The trick is to die in a crash before you end up with terminal symptoms…live fast and die young or something

3 Likes

this is amurica over here. monster trucks and solder fumes.

oh snap that’s what i have, just checked the label. Anyway, good wholesome lead.

1 Like

you ever just make that perfect solder ball… and want to post it on insta because its just so perfect and round… but you don’t because you know its going to curse the next 9 or 10 solder balls you have to do across the pack with spikey bullshit that won’t flow right…

5 Likes

duuude, how long did it take to make all those connections? Beautiful work! This would take me daaaays lol

2 Likes

How!? I see you crank out massive ass packs like once a week at least

1 Like

They don’t have a 15th of the connectors this one has, and all that planning that goes into making that harness, this is alot of work right here, stuff I make is pretty straight forward.

1 Like

Needs more flux.

And less solder, it’s not supposed to ball up like that.

ok so i cheated. I check enough balance leads to know how the voltages stack.

I ran all the wires first, then ordered them based on voltage. Yeah i had to triple check and then check again once it was all into the connector, but they only can go one way, which is the way the BMS says so on the PCB.

2 Likes

Making harnesses isn’t so bad once you’re used to them…after a while you can do both XT connections in rapid fire but its a very hit or miss way…also needs gloves

1 Like