Remote wrist straps and locks [SRO]

What are y’all using?

Wrist straps are safety equipment much like helmets are.

1 Like

These are the best straps I’ve found.

Sometimes I add some JB Weld 8265-S Original Formula to where the pieces connect together.

5 Likes

I highly recommend these shoe lace locks for the wrist strap. Not any of these things, but these SPECIFIC make and model from one of these two links only. (Sometimes New Balance stores also sell these specific ones by the cash register) Most of these either suck, are much too small to fit a strap in, or don’t last very long. These ones seem great.

Also if you have multiple skates, I use a different color lock on each remote strap so I know which skate it controls.

4 Likes

Somebody made fun of me for making sure my remote strap was tight then it got me thinking actually just how bad it would be to lose the remote… You’re going down a hill, drop the remote, now your remote is busted, you have no control of your board, and even if you manage to stop without dying, you still have to go back to the remote and pray it works…

I’m just using the stock boosted board strap since that’s all I have right now. Works great, looks identical to that one you posted @b264

2 Likes

I use old wiimote straps. Feels natural, like peeing outside. Color coded to each board of course to avoid confusion.

4 Likes

download%20(5)

Ive been thinking about getting one of these, they use them on camera and binoculars sometimes. There adjustable to so you dont risk it slipping of.

1 Like

I don’t like the idea of a rope tied around my wrist so I made my own setup. Magnet on remote, one on sleeve, and one on hem of jacket. If I stop at a store or whatever I can pop the remote off my sleeve and attach it to the other magnet, out of the way.

4 Likes

Ended buying those straps. Last week I ended up dropping my mastercho remote, good thing it was a straight road when it happen :flushed: & lucky I was with another rider so they could ride back too get it :rofl::grimacing:

1 Like

I use one of these, clipped to my waist band. I cut the stuff off at the end of the wire and then thread that through the remote where you would put the wrist strap and either knot it or use an aluminum crimp. Works great.

2 Likes