Remote by PotatoSkaters is (almost) here [SERIOUS]

F*** me! That’s sick! Ok, we’ll definitely look into it. Do you know which VESC’s ship with internal IMU?

2 Likes

You can do what the Trampa Wand does and jsut use the Nunchuck’s app implementation of cruise control.

1 Like

From the top of my Head: Unity , Stormcore, VESC 6

3 Likes

Ah! In that case, consider it basically done.

(to be fair, that’s what probably @eriknorth already had in the mind to use, as he’s the one doing the firmware development and me being the guy “hey, I think we need this feature, but I am not sure how to do it in practice, so I don’t know how much it will take to develop”)

1 Like

Sick! Just got my Focbox yesterday, so we’ll definitely check it out and see when can we implement that. It’s basically a must have feature now considering our logo… :rofl:

1 Like

Trampa’s vesc’s do. Most v6 implementations should have it unless they cheaped out :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean even the cheap Focer’s got em Cheap FOCer 2 (Open-source, Low-cost, VESC 6 based ESC) (v0.9 Release. Beta testing ongoing)

And those are around 35usd a piece :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Send one to the SF Bay Area for signal/dropout testing. That’s the true test ground :wink:

3 Likes

Does anyone care about the wireless charging? :thinking:

1 Like

its always better to have it included, and user can have a choice of using it or not, just like in a phone. but only if it doesn’t cost too much for that, and Qi compatible

just my 2c

3 Likes

@practicalmike Maybe have a look at the photon remote. It has failed but had great things implemented like light control
Deadman button had 3 options that could also be switched between a press and hold or toggle press:
Cruise control
Deadman
Reverse

1 Like

I heard black market leavers are about 500usd ya know ? So you need just a 1/3 off a leaver to buy one

1 Like

(Fair enough, need to double check my spelling)
If you class you’re contreband organs by alphabetical order, they seat exactly half way between them

I live next to voice of America tower and it fucks with my cars fm radio when I drive past. I wonder what would happen if I skated by :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh jeez, last time i tried out a new remote I almost fucking died in SF.

But I’m down to test

Also, I’d like to rank you as probably the best new vendor so far when it comes to handling these questions and comments. Really well done, professional, and concise. Hopefully one day, you’ll become an actual part of the community and tickle each other’s bums BMS’s

Edit: typo

10 Likes

So great until the last line. We have a high-class reputation to keep, friendo.

6 Likes

Sorry typo, I fixed it

6 Likes

Let’s hope this is not the case :grimacing:. Anyhow, we will definitely have a slowdown on disconnect as a safety feature and we’ll be logging the stats when we ship out the remotes so we can have some hard facts.

Thanks of the kind words! I must admit, that was a freaking amazing “typo” :joy:

Nice discrete design. I like the thumbwheel. I also enjoy potatoes.

1 Like

Is the thumbwheel a potentiometer or hall-sensor?

It a potentiometer based joystick, like on the VX1 and some other remotes. If there’s real need, we might switch to hall sensor but for now we wanted to limit things that could go wrong during production to make sure we can actually deliver it on budget and in time.

1 Like