Raptor 2.0 Rebirth (Torque Boards DD) AKA The Velociraptor

Thanks man, Yh still doing last bits on the battery and then it’s time to do the programming stage. This is my first DIY and first time using Vesc tool so wish me luck lol.

Finished assembling the voltmeter today as my parts weren’t a straight fit.

3 Likes

In the last stages now, however it seems to be 1 step forward 2 steps back.

With the direct drives when adding the wheels I accidentally tightened them too much fortunately the guys on here helped me sort that out to prevent the motors grinding.

My next problem to solve is although so far on one of the motor detection seemed to be successful not all sides of the vescs seemed to show up on the Vesc tool I had 3 out of 4 once detection was complete. I feel this is an issue with the 4WD drive set up…

Anyway here’s a video of the one good motor detection!

Still need to order bolts nuts and inserts for the enclosure but it’s slowly going to plan…

Did you add speed washers behind the wheel (between motor and wheel NOT between wheel and nut, but 1 should be there) or did you just loosen the axle nut? With the speed washers you can actually tighten the axle nut down fully without binding he motor bearings.

I would try setting up each side individually as 2wd to make sure its all 100% then work on setting them up for awd

Also I’ve always set up my motors individually, maybe try that rather than doing all 4 at once. Sorry my experience is with the ubox not sure if the xenith can do 1 at a time?

1 Like

Thanks man, Yh need to get some speed washers do you know where’s best to get them and what ones I need.

I tried setting up in 2WD today and both unity’s seemed ok. I think they maybe getting confused with 4WD.

I can get all motors spinning in motor detection but only 3 out of 4 sides of the 2 unity’s are displayed on vesc tool when I do it.

Also once I move onto setting up my VX2 PRO remote it seems to mess with the unitys also. It changed the vesc ID from 60 to 61. Which I’m sure is not right as normally the vescs are 78 79 for one unity and 59 and 60 for the other unity.

Not sure if anyone else has had similar issues.

If you bind the bearings with stock spacing, you need to add speed washers here THEN put the wheel on and add 1 more speed washer outside like normal. My glow wheels require 3 speed washers inside so see what works best. They’re just regular skate washers ship with everything. Like local skate shops would have them, probably hardware stores.

For your 4wd issue I’m not sure since I’ve never done it. I would find a tutorial, if you are already what are you looking at?

Are you sure? Only reason I ask is because on my 4wd set up in the Vesc tool when I activate CAN forwarding I can only see three of the four in the drop down box. The forth I’m already connected to so I change the settings on the master then select each of the other three one at a time to set up. Sorry if this is obvious, and not your problem.

Edit: this is using a Maker X DV6 though🤷‍♂️

2 Likes

@JeffyJ This is actually useful I’m a noob to vesc tool. How would I do that ?

Been busy working so haven’t had a chance to give it another go yet.

I’m a bit of a noob with the VESC tool too to be honest and have only ever used Maker X ESCs with the VESC tool.

I don’t know how the Xeniths compare but the Maker X DV6s I had connected over CAN when I ran the motor detection wizard. All motors detected as shown in this pic:

Then to change the settings for each motor I firstly adjusted the settings on the master (what was currently connected) then clicked ‘Scan Canbus’ then ‘activate’ in CAN forwarding tab. Then select which ESC from drop down and alter settings as required.