Radium Performance

@Tony_Stark will the ability to attach images to the reviews be added?

Images on reviews gives me full ebay/aliexpress vibes

If done poorly sure, the photos you use in the product page is done nicely, would be good to see where those parts end up… a radium build gallery sure would be cool tho

1 Like

You mean like this?:smiley:

6 Likes

Looking forward to your wheels becoming available. How is the ETA?

2 Likes

Me too😅

We were having issues getting foam to bond to the rubber. I only just found a primer today that may allow the foam to chemically bond so a sample is en route to the factory for testing.

The V2 prototypes that we’re running at the moment are pretty good and we could put those into production, but I think it will be worth the wait for V3 which should be next level like the V1 were.

It’s very tricky to make something cheap, reliable and really good but we’re almost there. It does feel like we’re reinventing the wheel given the difficulty of this project but its gonna be soooo worth it🤤

20 Likes

Considering the amount of core delamination issues other wheel projects have experienced, I really appreciate you guys taking the time to nail such issues down

9 Likes

Every time someone designs a new wheel for a new purpose they sort of are reinventing the wheel. Literally.

1 Like

Here’s an idea. How about a 3D printed material like TPU instead of foam? You can print pretty complicated 3D structures that will emulate foam or pneumatic compression. Of note, TPU does get softer as it heats up.

2 Likes

3D printing and wheels should never go in the same sentence imo.

Foam is brilliant because the air trapped inside it acts like a spring to store and then release energy more efficiently than a solid material with a lattice. Its also much lighter than a solid lattice would be. Keeping the weight down on a rubber wheel is a real challenge. The V2 which are solid weigh 810g each.

5 Likes

Radium trucks :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

My hot garbage tb130s laugh in 900+ grams

1 Like

lol I find you really lose the high speed carving with heavy wheels.

4 Likes

The extra width of the 130s really pull from the agility too.
Trade ya then for some R-specs!

2 Likes

Pulleys machined by a different factory this time. Stoked with the quality🤩

45T fitment is sexual on the Radium wheel prototypes. Shame we only got enough for the first batch of Radium boards…

14 Likes

Will you be offering the wheels independently from the boards? Or only at a later date?

1 Like

We need to get the first batch of boards out ASAP so we’ll use prototype tooling to make just enough for our boards first most likely. If we can solve the manufacturing challenges soon then we could go straight for the production tool and make a larger batch it just depends when we figure things out by.

7 Likes

Hopefully the wheels happen sooner rather than later, my wallet is ready (i hope :joy:)

5 Likes

I really like how the pulleys fit into the back of the wheel. I think when it comes to maximizing performance and longevity of the core, you need a pretty precise core/pulley interface.

Its also very important how the pulley mates against the face of the core as most of the pulleys I’ve ever owned had a decent amount of eccentric runout.

Its really nice being able to make parts that fit our own parts perfectly despite still keeping to existing standards (these pulleys should fit most kegel core wheels).

4 Likes