Radium Performance

only if you want to secure it via the circlip method. Otherwise loctite like every other gear.

3 Likes

Helical…

Would not recommend unless you wanna see your pinion turn into a hole saw.

4 Likes

My bn motor plates concur

3 Likes

Just repeating what the creator said :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I was looking at their website to double check shaft specs and not sure if this is a warning sign to not use aussie designed motors on them :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Check out our new Matrix 3 mounts if you haven’t seen them:

7 Likes

Semi on topic but not 1:1

3 Likes

8mm shaft length I think is 30 or 25 I could measure one when I go pick the board back up. I loaned it to friends in the next state to me

Did you cut a circlip groove or use loctite?

I’ve updated the Radium motors to 30mm length shaft now so batch 6 an onward will be 8 x 30mm.

I’ve also found a way to reduce cost with a new magnet arrangement so we’re dropping the price of our 6485 to 298 AUD / 199 USD from now on :metal:

13 Likes

Wait, so all the belt drive stuff you sell won’t be compatible with your motors?

2 Likes

30mm is perfectly fine for belt drive.

2 Likes

I went loctite. I’m not steady enough to try to do that by hand.

You lose they serviceable aspect in the field doing it but I’m in configured in 4wd for that setup.

3 Likes

Sneak look at prototype Radium remote which we’ve been working on for a while.

Our main priorities with this one were as follows:

1. Safety - LORA spread spectrum RF chips. Most solid connection we’ve ever tested and that was with the lowest power mode the chips run at.

2. Precision control - Hall sensor throttle with lots of throw in a forward offset position that allows the thumb to move more accurately.

3. Cost - We’ve designed this remote around being economic to manufacture with a target price below AUD150 / USD100.

4. Features - Packed full of safety features to protect the rider in event of remote signal loss, accidental button pressing or flat battery. LEDs show remote battery level and power mode. There are 4 power modes each changes not only max throttle but also max braking and positive ramping time to make mode 1 incredibly friendly for people trying your board for the first time and mode 4 is all limits off max everything for racing or just full sending it🤙

Don’t expect these to be ready for a while as there is a lot of work to do after we finish testing to produce these in any sort of volume, but just wanted to show you guys what we are up to :wink:

23 Likes

Epic! The hoyt puck needs some real competition! I thought the VX4 would do it but the cheap pots aren’t good enough

5 Likes

Ironically our first prototype was radium electronics in a VX1 shell with original potentiometer. We used it to test RF reliability with different modules. And the only bad thing about it was the potentiometer which kept becoming very twitchy and erratic which is entertaining on a 10hp board with 0 throttle ramping😅

3 Likes

Definitely not the word i would have chosen :rofl:

1 Like

mine started dying today btw. piece of junk that remote is. The remote probabnly has less than 15 hours of use on it, 0 drops/falls

1 Like

What exactly broke on it?

2 Likes

@Tony_Stark are the radium remotes slated for the same time as the boards?.. and the wheels… and the pro mounts…

Goddammit…

Ahaha well we assembled an extra 10 remotes for beta testers but likely won’t need to use all 10 so its possible that some of the people that own one of the first run of 10 Radium boards could end up with a Radium remote as well.

Our boards definitely won’t release before the wheels because the whole board is designed around them now. If we changed to different wheels I would be looking at re-designing the trucks to suit.

2 Likes