QB26800 100pc Order

My point is they are not a real 30 amp capable cell, 20 maybe but the sag is less than desirable in an esk8. If you use 4p ok doable. 2p no way

1 Like

I’m sure he’s not taking it like that.

Inverters, especially import ones, are interesting case anyway, many of them do not handle in-rush current requirements of certain things, like microwave ovens, induction motors, etc worth a shit, and they’ll spike insane amps initially which will cause a momentary dip below their cutoff threshold, especially with 12V inverters…

I’d be curious to hear about the specifics, but yeah I’ve got a 12V 4k watt import inverter that’s very good for the most part on one pack, that’s running high end commercial LifePo4 drop ins that can handle big amps, that can’t run a 1200watt microwave because of this.

Yes ok. I agree @Movation on that they are a 20A cell in practive

1 Like

Hmm well maybe I need 12 more then. Was gonna try these for a emtb build with a top box… Opinions? :thinking:

1 Like

Thats what Im doing exactly.

If you do get more then we can go ahead and order.

2 Likes

You doing a 4p pack?

Can confirm this. Even with 5p there is some sag while pulling 100amps. However they have been performing very well over my last few rides

2 Likes

Art, how much voltage drop you seeing? 12s pack? Is it continual sag or a momentary dip with recovery? There’s some nomenclature caveats I want to be clear on here if it sounds like I’m repeating myself lol.

2 Likes

Logs for reference this is 12s5p QB26800 set to 95 battery amps

1 Like

I was doing 13s4p. but the hardcase I have has room for 5p so doing a 12s5p now.

3 Likes

You can see in one of my logs on a hard pull the battery sagged as low as 45 volts from almost 50. However at the end of my 15 mile ride, my end of ride voltage was 45 volts after about 5 minute rest that usualy comes up .5-1v depending on how hard I rode

2 Likes

1 Like

@abusfullofnuns hop in here good read on these QB cells

2 Likes

I was quietly stalking the thread, sir. Lol.

2 Likes

Thanks @Skyart !

I’m new to this application of lithium cells, but I gotta be honest I was expecting to see a lot more sag than 5 volts, I wish the tracking resolution was a little higher, so I could compare max drop and time rebound (I expect to see a quick dip to X with a pretty quick rebound a second or two later of some percentage), but this doesn’t seem bad at all to me.

How do these compare in real world to whatever the current top tier cells do?

3 Likes

In my experience these are great for how cheap they are. I think in the GB that we ended up doing they were $3.7 per cell delivered. The delivery fee was almost a buck per cell, cell cost being $2.7. They allow for ample current for most of our applications. The biggest downside being their size. They are MASSIVE. I dont think you could fit 12s4p in most of our enclosures. Ideal to go top mount with them

Picture as a reference, those 3 separate enclosure could each fit a 12s4 maybe 5p 18650 battery. They would fit a triple stack 18650 battery each. They currently enclose my 12s5p in the 3 compartments, barely any room for bms and no room for Vescs

1 Like

the perspective on that picture gives me a headache

3 Likes

Ill take a picture of my topmount to show what Im working with when i get home. @javand what deck are you using?

Don’t have one yet but gonna get a hollypro I think. Yeah I’d love to see a photo. May need to just put me down for 60 cells so I can go ahead and do 5p. Any problem going over 100 total?

Looks like there’s 34 unclaimed still anyway, so, yeah, just put me down for 60, is there much concern of getting any bad, or really out of spec cells? Do i need to order a couple extra JIC?

1 Like

I have 52 and theyre all fine so far.

Im on a HS11 so thatll be a good comparison.
Ill get a shipping quote soon and let you know

1 Like