[POLL] in-stock FOCBOX 1.7: would you buy them? [SRO]

Jeff Neo is making focbox clones for $69 each! And upgrading some components like the caps

@everyone who voted in the poll

1 Like

Lol no where did he say $69 lol did he really?

1 Like

@torqueboards you seem a little nervous :grimacing:

12 Likes

It was an estimated price i guess, tests units are going for 80$ right now, so i believe they did cost a little bit more to make than he was expecting.

4 Likes

@yelnats8j nah lol more so that price would be insane. I’m bout to buy from Neo.

10 Likes

I think the focbox Neo is sending out units for are both his upgraded ones. So the 80$ test unit is the old school focbox with better components. But he could potentially sell the OG Focbox without any upgrades for 69$, that’s my understanding of it.

1 Like

Definitely yes. I just read about the way the unity powers the motors.

I own a OG FOCBOX and my friend has a Unity. He is running this unity with one motor, planning to upgrade later. The unity is just boring to me. My FOCBOX just pulls up and gives enormous torque to my motor, his dual (half-used) unity just slowly accelerates instead of directly feeling that acceleration. That would probably be less on dual, but still, wouldn’t want this, I own the damn board for fun. (Yes I know, for cummuters this would probably be nice, also because it seems to improve range.)

1 Like

The difference in torque is not caused by the esc lol, it’s a difference in settings, gearing or motors

9 Likes

For your incoming prebuilds?

2 Likes

@Kellag. I’ve heard different… I heard it only powers one motor at a time, switching between the two motors. Where a single esc delivers full power.

1 Like

@Deodand that true?

I’m actually pretty sure you’re right and this is the case for dual ESCs without a canbus.

I thought it felt a little off until @CiscoV mentioned it too

3 Likes

I think theres some confusion with a higher frequency switching algorithm which reduces ripple current seen by bulk caps at certain duty cycles and has nothing to do with power delivery. Functionally there’s no difference in power delivery.

8 Likes

Thought so, gracias El Jeffy

3 Likes

Lol Nick I totally did miss that EPIC ESC you made.

It looks really cool!
I’m approaching the point of throwing together an EFoil.

Not sure I want to buy ALLLL that crap from china. Maybe the mast though.

1 Like

It is all too real brother. Problem seems to go away on 4wd for some reason :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Oh cuz the feeling you get in 2WD is usually masked in a 4WD set up because you’re using two high frequency circuits in junction with each other.

It’s like a crab with only 2 legs would walk funny as fuck but a crab with 8 walks pretty smooth

2 Likes

Haha. That’s a good comparison :rofl:.
I still have love for my unities thou. At least up until @torqueboards get those damn vescs tested.

3 Likes

I’m working with Pacificmeister on the new pacificmeister build. Goal is to make a vesc variant that can fit in a specific nema box atop the mast. So a little different than my previous design, but similar concept as far as the thermal capabilities.

source%20(3)

7 Likes