Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

Wait, 150mm on superstars? can they really fit on those hubs?

Nvm don’t know why i thought they wouldn’t fit. brainfart…

I was wondering if anyone knows where to get 4 inch tires and inner tubes for a project?

Thanks

1 Like

Search for 100mm tires. You didn’t list a hub size or width of the tire either so you’ll need that.

4 Likes

All this widening hub experiments gave me an idea. Do you think these smaller 5x1 inch tires could fit some of the smaller hubs like bergmeister and aliexpress 6x2? We could finally get our 125mm air tires if this works.

1 Like

Fuck. I think I found my own answer. Apparently, it can be done. WOWZA

1 Like

@RyEnd can you share the file for this? the spacer file.

do you have a link? :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

so i am helping with a project to make some hubs for 4 inch tires in order to get a full diameter of somewhere between 110-125mm
i need to find some cheap good quality tires and inner tubes and base the hubs around them

also i searched 100mm tires but couldnt find much

1 Like

the 5x1 inline skate wheels posted a few comments up are too big for your application?

1 Like

Man think about this realistically…

You want a 4" / 100mm tire with a hub. The tire is going to be at least 1/2"-1" of the total diameter.

You’re making a 2-3" hub at this point for pneumatic tires? What is your plan for attaching a pulley to these teeny tiny hubs pneumatic hubs?

1 Like

I have the axle length, so I am just running a simple circle spacer with a valve stem hole.
Like this, only sized up for the fivestars.

kegel core pulley

i am saying like a 4 inch hub so 4.5-5 inch tire

1 inch wide is quite small 1.5-2 inch is better

1 Like

Were you now?

Majority of pneumatics hubs used are already 4" hubs. They are conforming to the shape tires are already made in.

2 Likes

k thanks

what i meant is i want the whole tire diameter to be between 4-5inch or 100-125mm

i dont know exactly how large the hub would then be but i need to find tires of that size

if you know where to get good tires of that size then please tell me

5" tire is already pushing it for a 4" hub. Inner tubes are round and want to be round.

Under 5" and you’re looking at scale rc parts or airless tires

My son’s razor go kart uses 3" hubs but hard slicked tires. I could never find an offroad tire that would plug and play.

2 Likes

so hub size can be based on the tire size

if i cant find with tube i will go airless

is there nothing in the 5 inch area
aliexpress didnt come up with much

so the only ones i could find were 5x1 tires

does anyone know where i can get 5x 1.5

those one inch tires are actually 32mm which is close to 1.25 inches

1 Like