Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

do they sell inner tubes there and would those fit the dickyho hubs or similiar 6 inch hubs?

realise they are 8 inch but hope…

1 Like

Are his hubs really 6"?
99% of pneumatic hubs we use are 4"

2 Likes

i mean that it is 4inch (i think) for 6 inch tires

A 4" hub will generally take 6-8" tires with no issue. I have yet to see one that won’t.

There are even some 5.5" wheels that fit 4" hubs but that’s not a lot of room for a tube. Same with 9", some hubs have a larger flared out lip so the tire widens a bit.

2 Likes

awesome so int theory these should fit??

also do these come with inner tubes or can you buy them seperately

1 Like

I’m not selling these, ask the vendor or read the website

3 Likes

I have three questions about wheels:

Are MBS five star compatible with Trampa urban threads?

Are there any 6.5" tires besides Trampa Uban Threads?

What would be the correct bearing for MBS five stars and 10mm axles?

2 Likes

torqueboards has 160mm wheels and evolve has 150mm wheels. urban threads are 165mm. They all work on the same size hub afaik.

But here is the thing. I use my trampa 9.5mm and MBS 9.5mm bearings on my Kaly 10mm axle and they fit just fine. I dunno wtf is going on with these weird bearing sizes.

2 Likes

This may be a silly question but why dont I see people using the MBS Tri-Spoke hubs for esk8 applications? I’ve seen them around on mountain board, kiteboards, etc… but they dont show up on this forum. Why? Are they fragile, unreliable, difficult to balance, or___?

3 Likes

I don’t think the evolve tires fit. At least not based off this discussion

I don’t know for sure just curious to know if you got it to work.

I know the metroboard 155s do work tho. Thought that was the smallest tire you can fit on the 3.75in hubs.

1 Like

2a432aad5ba4a80942c7daeac0913396f7f28600_2_527x500

5 Likes

No reason other than not a lot of pulleys made to fit that wheel pattern. I have a set on a manual mtb and love them. They’re light and cheap and haven’t cracked on me in 4 years.

3 Likes

Welp I stand corrected lol. Whoever did did that needs to enlighten the rest of us on how it was done hahaha.

I found it here. It actually looks incredible too.

There is also this

4 Likes

@olsyke comment in that post was referring to the use of a spacer (the quest for phat wheels is a common affliction here)

he’s happily riding those tires on those hubs without a spacer

chime in bernhard if i read you right or wrong

2 Likes

this was about stretching the tires on superstar hubs, with an adapter from @Pedrodemio, so the superstars were like 1,7mm wider in those images

without the modification, the tires work nicely on them

3 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhh @olsyke and @sesat that makes more sense. Alright welp excuse me. I’ll uhh go work on my reading skills.

Be back soon…

1 Like

They don’t, the superstar hubs won’t fit the Evolve tires and the Evolve tires can be installed in superstar hubs, they are different by a small margin.

This is why I’m hesitant to try mbs hubs on urbar thread tires and I’d also like some 6.5" tires like trampas, I wonder if they are trampas exclusives

I printed a pulley for mine but it came out bad so I never put it on, should try making an adapter to VEX pulleys instead.

Oh and wow that $2 tire… much cheap

3 Likes

What do you think of these @Venom121212? any reason they wouldn’t fit five stars from the specs?