Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

already sold out :frowning:

They will be available later this month.

4 Likes

Tday i tried the 200x75 tires from aliexpress on my etoxx offset hubs and they seem to fit

So if i go for a race on a cart track ill think ill try these

12 Likes

Do these 5" wheels fit rock/five-stars?

I am really really enjoying the TB 6.3" tires on my rockstar hubs… Compared to the 8" everlasting aliexpress wheels, T2 and T3s, they are doing great for mixed on and off road riding. I found the 9" MBS wheels a huge step up from any 8" wheel in terms of comfort, with noticeably less agility and more weight, whereas 6" has made my hefty board feel super nimble, relatively light, and for some reason I wouldn’t even call it “one” step down offroad than either 9" or 8", with way more torque.

7 Likes

[quote=“Skatardude10, post:680, topic:13249”]
Do these 5" wheels fit rock/five-stars?
[/quote

7" tire I believe has a proprietary wheel size.
The 5" I am not sure but looks close to the 6 shooter size wheel.

5 Likes

they look the perfect amount skinnier, I like others found the 9in tire rubbed on my BN GD. I am too lazy to get new HW and I might want bigger than 9in so I would try those next after a set of kenda 8ins.

4 Likes

@Flasher how do they fit on the fivestars? First impressions?

1 Like

Ill be trying them in the morning on my way to work, but I’d say first impression is I’m pretty disappointed. They are not very well made. They wobble a fair bit on a hand spin. Hoping they will act like the MBS and place themselves as I go

5 Likes

Ok, I almost ordered a set and now I’ll wait to hear your feedback after putting some miles on them. Keep me posted.

1 Like

So first physical impression: I like em enough to keep riding them. They felt good. But my efficiency (compared to MBS) for some weird reason decided to commit suicide. With MBS and my riding style, I’ve got around 100 to 110km. With these, I’m now at an estimated 70 to 80…

1 Like

Just ordered some sunmates. 40$ shipping sound normal? Total was 120$

These “new design” with the angled spokes, are they ok?

5 Likes

Sounds about right price wise, those angled spokes have to be better than what they were replacing. The old straight hex/penta spokes always had mounting holes out of alignment essentially ruining the spokes.

2 Likes

So many tire are out of stock in the us.

Does anyone know if these would work well? I’m probably going to get some mbs, but i think the kwhateverthehell tread pattern on these looks very grippy.

Yeah I’ve used those before and they work well.

Try “school10” as a code, it might still work

2 Likes

What’s the price on those Hoyt 5”?

1 Like

Don’t think we’ll know until late August / early September.

1 Like

They are available if you buy the upgraded thornproof tube 7.99 with it as a bundle…but out of stock with regular tube. Weird

the dune buggy ones show up as in stock for me. unless you mean mbs? honestly i really want evolve whitewalls, but since theyre only in stock on the german site and they dont ship to the US im either going to find someone in germany to grab me a set and send it here, or go with the dune buggy ones, very carefully remove all that damned raised lettering, and whitewall them myself.

Been scrolling through this post.

Are there 6(ish) inch tires that will work on MBS Rockstar II’s?

2 Likes

Prices are on the site now. Looks like $130 for a set of tires, tubes, and wheels. The numbers are the same for 5” and 7”. Might be right.

Ref: Hoyt St Pneumatic Tires, Tubes and Rims

@Alpacaslapper

2 Likes