Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

Any idea where the rockstar pros land?

I dont have them

With ya there. Love my 6x2s. 8" tires are just too heavy for a lot of boards, can really make things feel sluggish if you don’t have silly power.

1 Like

from the photograph on ernesto’s website the 8x3’s look like these qind 200x75’s 4ply 35psi max. five tires and inner tubes cost $112.40 free shipping within the continental united states

edited to correct the dims in fub

Yeah they all look the same

Think you meant 8x3

2 Likes

for folks partial to the k909 tread, these folks & these folks sell supposedly kenda tires in that same 200x75 size

edit: oh shit I’m talking about totally different tires these 8x3 not 6x3 my bad

2 Likes

All tyres seem to be made by qind

1 Like

nice to have more options for precisely machined mtb hubs:

8 Likes

Are there any pneumatic wheels on the smaller side?

Total inflated wheel size <5in?

2 Likes

Kaly is developing together with another parts maker, a 6 x 3 inch version ,. that’s as small as they go currently.

1 Like

4ace used to sell 125mm x 25mm pneumatic wheels for their skike branded scooters, but don’t anymore. innova still sells inner tubes and tyres for this size. i know @mmaner @atlesk8 and some others here have ridden them but i don’t think they were big fans.

2 Likes

That is correct. There is a rumor that Hoyt (@JJHoyt) is working on a 5x2 wheel.

5 Likes

Yeah, they put this pic out

12 Likes

ooh they got their own run of tires
Screenshot_20200330-132217_2~2

2 Likes

Indeed. Been in the works for quite some time. We may be seeing a light at the end of the tunnel but communication is not a strong point for the vendor so I’m struggling to get accurate info. Fingers crossed we’ll have them in hand in a month or two. But then I need to scramble the rim. Reluctant to build those until I have tested tires in hand.
These would be 5x1.5” FYI. They will not be rated for high speed. A 5” wheel turns over 6-7x as fast as a bike tire and would build up destructive heat at high speeds. Expect a 30mph cap…and recommended lower cap for extended gunning.

10 Likes

has anyone tried using bergs wheels only with the 6x2 hubs and tubes?

are they compatible w eachother?

1 Like

You mean berg hubs with 6x2 tires and tubes? That will work. But ride feel sucks in my opinion.

1 Like

These 125mm wheels, will they fit the bergs hubs? I know evolve had a 125mm wheel in the works and it was confirmed by Timo that their 125mm fit the bergs.

We ride 6x2" at 40mph so 5x1,5" shouldn’t be a problem due to less friction and less heat compared to 2", even if the wheel rotation speed is slightly higher.

I’m basing this off the manufacturers expertise and their test data rather than anecdotal info. As a business, I have to err on the side of safety. As a rider, you’re naturally free to push the envelope.

6 Likes