please allow me to present The Land Snail

Does anyone here have these suspension trucks? Wonder how they compare to Avenues or if they have wobble issues…pretty interested in picking up a set for an old hub build if they aren’t trash lol

1 Like

In this cutout the wheel claims 50A?! This board is probably pretty comfortable to ride if that’s true, AND with the suspension trucks

1 Like

Like riding a snail?

on land?

water snail much more uncomfortable

1 Like

“Molasses in February” would have been a better name. It has more soul.

2 Likes

But that remote! Wonder if u can get that alone. I’m an emailed question away from knowing.

1 Like

Needle bearing pivot is an interesting idea on paper but in use, a really bad idea. Issues include but are not limited to
1). Having to remove the king pin to insert the hanger since roller bearings cannot take any misalignment as shown in the picture.
2) When adjusting the bushings, there is only one compression setting that will not bind up the roller bearings. Tighter or looser will result in binding the roller bearings.
3) Roller bearings cannot take ANY contamination…and so on

As for the bushings, difficult to make so no aftermarket companies will make them.

The swing arm motion of the suspension, in compression, the truck base plate angle increases introducing a possibly unpredictable turning moment. I have ridden the Avenue version of these and never became a fan because they did not feel right in a controlled slide, carving etc.

8 Likes

Why not just a regular ball bearing that could take load in all directions instead? I find especially with a powered board pivot cups get ovalized pretty quickly.

1 Like

Many of the same issues with a ball bearing, Sphericals are normally used in this application.

4 Likes

Very interesting points. So, in theory, you’d have to add washers on both bushings, and tighten the Kingpin by the exact additional thickness of the washers to “tighten” the bushings? What a pain.

Do you think the “keyed” bushings/hanger would be noticeably beneficial to truck precision on their own?

1 Like

No.

3 Likes

wow i’m amazed people still refer to my old reddit posts from way back when :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Hope you don’t mind, but I think you’re the only one who has done a nice review on these.

2 Likes

of course not, written literature is meant to be read after all. I’m just amazed anybody remembered I thought it’d just be forgotten as a one off experiment

6 Likes

I do now and then when i have a mood for strapping them on to my test rig. They still run. I like them. I may do a scrapper build with them soon.

2 Likes

Don’t know how legit these guys are , but they seem to have the remote with receiver:

1 Like

1 Like

Ah how could I miss that flip sky logo.

2 Likes

I kinda wanna try these. Need to make a kegel adapter.

1 Like

Oh fuck oh shit

1 Like