"PITBULL" Hummie Deck/Savage1 TKP Trucks/Dual 6384/Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.7/Meep Cyclones/12s4p/VX4

Badass build. Hummie deck is so sweet.
Dragging you kids into this hole is also a big plus in my book. :wink:
Awesome :+1:

2 Likes

This is super disappointing. My plan is a drop-through mounting w BN gear drives on these trucks. Not looking like it’s gonna work :cry:

1 Like

This was my plan as well. I wonder if it would be worth the time for @Savage1 to create some taller baseplates to allow drop through mounting if enough people are interested. I think 15-20mm of extra height should do the trick.

Might be able to pull it off with adjustable baseplates. They have a good bit of extra height .
I did this with my tb40v2(very, very similar to hummie), but had to route the deck so the baseplates sit flush. This was with street drives, can’t comment in AT’s

Do adjustable baseplates compatible with Savage TKPs exist?

That pretty much defeats the purpose of drop through since the extra height of baseplate would negate the lowering achieved.

1 Like

Dont think so, for sure not for savage tkp.

TBF, top mounted savage trucks ride at a nice height. A good balance of clearance yet not too high

1 Like

Should be able to use SR adjustable baseplates. Assuming the design didn’t change after is post.

3 Likes

I agree, but these trucks are already so low that dropping through isn’t possible without the truck hitting the deck on turns. In this case, it would be more about aesthetics to me.

To my eyes, a dropped through baseplate on a drop through deck looks a lot cleaner than an anti sink plate and top mounted truck with a big gap in between them.

Maybe that added height could be a little bit less to still add some benefit, but it would depend how far the trucks turn at full lean. I know the Hummie deck is 20mm thick and the width of the nose and tail is 120mm at the widest point.

2 Likes

Fair point

2 Likes

Antisink plates don’t have be an X.
Look at this beauty from @SabreDynamics, courtesy of @quest32

This is much better than just the baseplate.

6 Likes

@SabreDynamics is offering really great options for this application, which I would recommend. If nothing else, I could supply something.
I see no need for drop through mounting, and making a taller base plate, personally.

5 Likes

This true actually, but my baseplates are better and stronger

3 Likes

This is true. (For know) I “might” experiment with adjustable baseplates, but more for decks with 30 degree tips.

4 Likes

Would the existing adjustable SR TKP baseplates on the market work with your hangers? I have a set of Hammocks I could buy the TKP adapters for.

@SabreDynamics wasn’t able to find this on your site. Is this custom work?

Also, we have fully derailed this build thread. Sorry @Eethon. Maybe we should move this to the @Savage1 tkp thread?

1 Like

@Savage1 thanks means a lot :pray:

These are custom plates yes, you can contact me for a quote on something similar.

3 Likes

It’s cool man, I might be in the market for some of the custom plates if we could get a group order together would that make it easier?

2 Likes

Just taken a look at your web site, very nice looking work, I like the plates you make for power leads and plugs etc.

1 Like

Thanks! appreciate the feedback :+1:

1 Like