Pitbull Esk8 Battery died on the first use

I would question the quality of the pack. Dude was building some garbage packs.
Thing could be a fire waiting to happen.

4 Likes

Do NOT go back to him for help. The guy is a shit show and will make excuse after excuse. If you send it, you may never get anything back… where are you located?

9 Likes

@Skunk
Yet another bad decision I made along the way here… Do you think repairing and redoing a ghetto battery pack is worth it? The cells have to be worth saving right?

@Bobby
I’m in SoCal

3 Likes

Waste of time, u made a bad bad mistake by buying his shit. Where in SoCal? We got a few battery builders down here and I’d definitely buy a new one since his stuff will probably blow up

Get a spot welder and try to remake the Pitbull pack as practice, then buy all new cells and materials to make your own. Its a lot of fun, a good skill to have, and it’ll be exactly the battery you want

Or just cheat and print NESE modules and pop some cells of choice in them

3 Likes

Long Beach specifically

@ZachTetra
Eh, I’m still just learning to solder tbh man, but maybe

3 Likes

Ahhh shit!! My home town…don’t worry man. I bought a battery from him as well and it was also bad news bears. I know @thisguyhere is LA based.

1 Like

Tbh I can almost guarantee someone like Chris/Pitbull didn’t bother to get cells from a verified source. Probably fakes, given his propensity to try to pinch/steal dollars.

Sorry man. He’s one of the bad actors in this scene.

If it’s any consolation he’s banned now.

5 Likes

Also bought a product from Pitbull back in the day. The guy comes across as really helpful when you are considering a purchase. But then as soon as you have a problem he turns into a complete scumlord. His customer service is terrible.

3 Likes

bummer on the PitBull battery.
it might be something simple, however, I would be skurd to touch it. That guy is a crazy and does NOT know how to solder, let alone build a battery

3 Likes

Well if there’s anyone around here willing to fix it I will definitely give monies

1 Like

These things are pretty cool looking though. It looks so simple, but I generally find things to be much less plug and play when they actually wind up on my table.

Do you have any photographs of the battery?

I agree. Get yourself a spot welder and read a lot and build yourself a battery. It’s pretty simple you just have becarefull And check and 2x check and check everything 3x b4 each step. Its kinda relaxing and Zen like when everything does explore. And if your battery explored it’s all your fault… I just finishing building a 7s6p battery for my goped and 9s5p for to replace some lipo packs. It was pretty fun.

@brendan I’m in OC and I build batteries. PM me.

@bobby saved me from buying a pitbull battery for my first board. Thanks again dude and sorry for your bad luck OP

3 Likes

Check BluPenguins post The battery builders club

He’s fixing it for me and posted it. Even as a know nothing noob, I can tell it looks real bad

2 Likes

fucking YIKES!!!

that’s your battery!

Holy FUK, or wholly fukked!!

'but have no fear!!! Da Pengy will sort you!!!

1 Like

Wow… those are def the spotwelds of a junkie…

1 Like

The conclusion of what it ended up like…

8 Likes