Noticed quicker acceleration while holding water bottle?

it’d be longer than 17’ cause the cog of that pole is not the same as having a gallon and a half of milk on the end of a weightless pole

you’d know that if you read that physics textbook

2 Likes

Yes but if you need 13lbs at the end of a 17ft weightless pole, then with a 17lb 17ft pole, you’d need well under a gallon at the end.

Bouta go for a ride, I’ll let y’all know how it goes.

regardless, you dunce, the required torque to hold that up would be the same. You’re not doing it in any reasonable way, but feel free to prove me wrong, record your attempt.

1 Like

too bad he doesn’t have an esk8

1 Like

I kinda unironically did something like this during my raceboard build

4/10, it was an experience.
Definitely did the opposite of increasing my max acceleration.

3 Likes

There’s one thing you forgot. That 11kW is 11kW average.

The power usage increases linearly with speed. So you need 2x that much peak power assuming a constant rate of acceleration (1G).

Which means about 22kW. My 21S4P P42A pack already sags to oblivion at 13kW, it’s comfortable up to around 11kW. You would need around a 21S7P P42A to even be able to supply that power level, more like 8P or better cells if you don’t want to sag to voltage cutoff.

So @ross_forp there you have it, noone has a board with a powerful enough battery to do 0-40 @1G.

3 Likes

2 Likes

What about the best 0-30 time being 0.81g? A less powerful battery with shorter pole and less water should suffice. For an extra 2/10ths g now we only need roughly 9 lbs at the end of a weightless 17ft pole, or far less than a gallon considering the pole itself is 17lbs

https://forum.esk8.news/t/lemme-see-them-drag-race/78607

you go try it first, it;s your idea

also, stop tagging my thread

3 Likes

Good lord what is this thread you tagged me in…

That being said I will be racing everyone on the 2swift with a bar attached to the front with a water bottle attached to it. Keep hearing “Oh where is your handlebars?” , now it will have a 17foot attachment to hold a water bottle

4 Likes

Lets calculate with my numbers

For me I get 0.7G out of 1100N on paper calculating with 100% efficiency before the battery becomes a limiting factor. Rider + board = 110kg

9.9kJ for the kinetic energy to get the mass to 30mph

*1100/770 to get the rough extrapolated used energy based off my 1100N and 0.7G acceleration (110kg)

14kJ

over a period of 1.36sec

10.3kW average

so 20.6kW peak at 30mph

my battery can supply around 13kW peak (84x P42A), I think 13kW is a fairly respectable number within today’s high performance esk8s. Well under the 20kW I would need for 1G up to 30mph.

My 13kW can barely get me 1G until 20mph with a 1.5x gear ratio change

3 Likes

YeAh bUT hAvE YoU tRiED LEanINg fURTher??? :clown_face:

2 Likes

It’s for less than a second, why not disable the LVCO?

BuT i ThInK yOu DoNt WaNt To LeAn PaSt 37 DeGrEeS

WaTeR BoTtLe On A pOlE

WhY iS yOuR aVeRaGe Gs OnLy .5???

4 Likes

I mean I could. But I don’t think the cells would be happy if the board was used like that frequently. (Yes, I regularly use full throttle.) Also my controller is advertised at a 100A per side battery current limit. I am already at 90A per side. I am not comfortable going over the controller’s advertised limit. 4WD would be a solution to getting around the controller’s limit though. I am still on 2WD

why haven’t you disabled the current limiter?

1 Like

LeAn WiTh Ur PeEn!

am I doing this right?

1 Like

I think i get it guys. We all have the additional acceleration from the counterbalancing factor of our massive balls required to actually ride and a dick length not measured with a micrometer, thats why he needs a 17 foot long pole just to match us!

2 Likes

These could do it with claimed 120 amp for ten seconds.

Like 50 cents each. They show 90% capacity in my use.

1 Like