Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Run your motor in BLDC sensorlessā€¦ But you should check what was the reason of the failing sensorā€¦

1 Like

Ah, that makes total sense! Completely forgot the vesc had temp. sensors for the mosfets :smiley: Was using a TB 4.12 esc, which doesnā€™t have a heatsink of any kind :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh god, another thing I just realized is that I set battery amps to 80 whereas the thing should be capped at 50 :open_mouth: Thank god I didnā€™t fry it while testingā€¦

Iā€™m the Esk8 mechanic for my buddies 4wd.

He smoked his front two hall sensors, eventually 1 rear sensor failed too. He rolls on 3 sensor less bldc and 1 sensored bldc connected by CANbus.

zero issues minus the sensors in 6 months daily, real hard riding. Heā€™s capped at 40amps per fesc6.6 tho.

I think you are fine. :+1: if you have concerns, Check your telemetry for esc temperature mismatches.

1 Like

hi guys , how much kg/ lbs , have yourā€™s mountain board >>??

I just use the calculator linked from the top and put all my data in. Whatever it says your top loaded speed is, it will also give you a top loaded erpm.

If, for example, it says 26.6mph is 38556erpm, then if you want to limit at 24.0mph just set the limit to (38556*24.0/26.6)erpm or 34787erpm

2 Likes

Yeah I didnā€™t fix my battery. The pack is ā€˜chargedā€™ according to the green light on my charger but the voltage is only 39.6Vā€¦and the majority of the cells are 3.45V Ā± 0.01Vā€¦

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing right now, I unplugged the sensor cables and runs on sensorless BLDC now, I have no idea why did the sensor died suddenly :frowning_face:

I only notice it after I had to run the motor detection after flashing fwā€¦

Thanks for your input man, Iā€™ll probably try to plug the sensors back into the VESC when I open up the enclosure again :+1:

I set up my focbox and finally finished my evolve battery plug soldering (took me ages, also got some sparks flying lol but i double checked and all is good).
I have two issues though

My Unity/motors are playing up.
When i throttle, 3/5 times one motor wonā€™t spin. They both have the same tension. it happens with both motors, just as much the left as the right. The motor jitters a bitā€¦ goes back and forth 1cm at a time quite fast then if i let go of the throttle again it ā€˜ā€˜freesā€™ā€™ up and works normally.

I have a maytech eskate remote on it and it only has one speed modeā€¦ fucking supersonic. as soon as i start pushing the throttle it goes straight to 50km/h. i have calibrated the remote and meddled with the settings a bit but nothings makes a big difference.

Btw these are bench-tests. I have not tried riding it yet.
And also i have not plugged in motor sensors because these are stock evolve motors and the connectors are different.
Any help is appreciated as always!!:kissing_heart:

What port do I plug a Bluetooth module Into?

@taz @deckoz @AlanZhou

1 Like

Thanks! So this one?

Yea the 7 pin one.

1 Like

Thanks @deckoz and @AlanZhou

Does anyone know how to change motor wires?

We do; what is the specific problem you have?

1 Like

Anyone know why I canā€™t connect to the esc?

1 Like

I have the same issue!

I just posted over on the Ackamaniac Thread Iā€™m using an HM-10 Bluetooth module and Iā€™m not able to get and telemetry whatsoever on the Ack Mobile App.

Is that an HM-10 BT module?
It looks like mine, but the Module I got from BKB doesnā€™t light up at all!

Are running ack firmware?

1 Like

YUP!!!

10char