[No_Name_Yet] | eMTB | MarkOneBoard MTB Cheapo deck | etc

very nice thread. Im watching :smiley:

1 Like

IDK at what point it looked ugly but rn it looks dope af man, following this shit!

2 Likes

Thanks dude.
There is a few things I messed up for example, I tried to move the CF after it was already sticking to the base coat. I did stop when I saw that it was too late but there is a bit of distortion in the weaves. Also, I tinted the base coat black and it dripped through the screw holes and ran on the underside leaving ugly black stains.

That being said, I learned a lot and the CF did bond with the deck so I am satisfied with how it turned out overall.

3 Likes

I can’t believe I missed this thread - what amazing work @Tamatoa

1 Like

Thanks dude it’s a bit on hold. The importer of the resin is out of stock and I am waiting for them to re supply.
It’s fucked up, they sell just the exact amount of hardener in a fucking can bottle and I always have like a few ml wasted every time I pour now I have resin left but no hardener.

I need to do a couple clear coats on the road side but I have to wait.

1 Like

@Tamatoa -san I knew I saw this in a previous life, and I had to go back and find it…

Call it “Redbull” 'cause it has wings! But I digress…

I’ve found my lil grocery getter board needs some wings or gas petals, she’s only 8.5" wide in the foot pockets, and riding it around analog, I find my feet touch the wheels… I’m thinking about using this method kind of like defector shields to keep my oafish feet outta the wheels… analog skating is awkward… I think 'lectrified it would be terrifying!

1 Like

Thanks dude, I should measure how much I added in width…

I need to finish the clear coat and then I would go try it analog in a park like a proper fool. Kick pushing a board that high off the ground feels so weird :joy: like a midget.

All I need now is a loaner @kaly deck to compare dimensions and ride feel. We can split shipping.

2 Likes

just buy one shoe for your kick foot!

jajajajajajajaaja

I kin measure-afy my Kaly if’n ya want!

1 Like

Fuk drag queen shoes I am gonna make myself one of those big paddle sticks. image

2 Likes

funny… I imagined you looking a little more masculine… not that there is anything wrong with the “island girl look!”

jajajajajajaja

1 Like

The other pics had ripped male surfers on them, wasn’t gonna post those. Island girl is better

2 Likes

Finally got my hands on some cells just hoping they are not fake

2 Likes