Nkp 3-link Production.

So hard not to make a political statement after that

3 Likes

I was stating that as a municipal employee lol

3 Likes

I’ve seen city workers drive a 2.5ton truck all over a boulevard and sit in the driver seat with a weed whip hanging out. All with a sweet pension!

2 Likes

[quote=“b264, post:272, topic:42677”]
10mm is not 0.388"
[/quo
It’s tough to make 10mm bearing slide over a .393" spindle without heat and a force… -.005 is a good fit

7 Likes

Where does one acquire a WB deck from?

Edit: Realised you meant WB as wheelbase lol
Also found out that awesome deck is a custom one off by @davidbonde :frowning:

Was looking everywhere for a 30cm wide drop deck. Guess I’ll have to make one myself as well

1 Like

What’s the 1/2" thread specs for the compression nut, Moe?

I’ll be engineering some mounts for my https://forum.esk8.news/t/spiral-bevel-gears-drive/ setup

1 Like

NERDS! :joy:

This deck is 29.5cm wide. It will be available through red ember in the beginning of the new year :slight_smile: We tried to build it up around the 3-links

4 Likes

What deck do you have planned next?

Also, what is red ember?

I’m making 4x 18S3P battery packs that I will be running in parallel. The goal initially was to have 3 of the packs in parallel but with a wide enough deck, I might be able to run all 4 in parallel.

I’ve been wanting to build my own 12.5"x44" custom drop deck. I think the combination of a very wide platform with a slight convex (yes, not concave) will allow harder carving as the force is more parallel to your legs when leaning i.e. You’re not fighting lateral slip at the pressure points of your foot, resulting in more precise control. And the reduced straight line stability of the convex is balanced out by the drop to lock your foot in on the straights.

1 Like

@jamie’s deck company.

4 Likes

If your planning on using the 1/2"-20 bushing compression nut for something other than compressing a bushing I would suggest using a high carbon nut.

2 Likes

ooo NASA

4 Likes

Pre o-ring or post o-ring?

4 Likes

Yikes, that is harsh…

4 Likes

I made a convex deck and did not really like it that much…

2 Likes

My plan for the gearbox mount is for a piece that screws into the 1/2" threads of the axle and is held in place by compression mostly from two nuts on the inside of the axle and the wheel nut sends compression to it for security from the outside.

If not that, it will be a similar locking collar to the existing motor mount to which the gearbox mount will attach to. (this is my preferred method but harder to implement due to the limited thread space)

2 Likes

What was the profile of the convex like?

Any chance for photos?

1 Like

I think I may have repurposed the deck as I cannot find it. To keep it simple, I took a standard wide longboard deck that had a good smooth convex bottom and put grip on it and placed the trucks on the now former top of the deck so everything was flipped. It rode more like a surfboard, fairly comfortable but I never felt locked in at speed since the deck edge just disappeared into the horizon. I would suggest trying what I did to quickly determine if you like the concept.

7 Likes

Ah, very interesting. Ive tried the same, but static with the drop down deck I’ve posted above (didn’t actually ride it), and it seemed to feel very nice. Personally I much prefer the feel of a flat wide deck than one with a concave

Maybe making a dedicated mild convex deck with a decent drop to lock the feet in will help counter that edgeless feeling. I’ll make one in a few months and see how it goes.

1 Like

Blue Loc-tite your radius rod to axel post mounting bolts. Check for tight before and after you ride…

8 Likes