New Unnamed build | Potential parts list, need some advice

lol you would hate these BB awd hummie enclosures I have. Biggest wire channels evar

2 Likes

The last one I did looked like this. I epoxied an XT30 into it also for lighting.

But that same method with fishpaper to make it flat and thickened epoxy under that, with nonthickened epoxy over that once it cures, just to ensure no leaks, and butyl tape on top of the flat afterwards

1 Like

also @b264 how much do you know abt these esc’s? I know they’re literally one for one clones of the trampa VESC6’s, but unsure of the quality of parts used to get down to the cheaper price point. Only reason why I’m going with these is because I’m buying deck/enclosure + all electronics from Artem. I was planning on running it less aggressively than my old 60D, but I’m not too sure. Do you have any settings recommendations?

I haven’t used them

Yeah, use lower “battery max” numbers than others suggest. You’ll have fewer problems. Keep “motor max” real high though.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a single motor at 30A “battery max” or dual motors each at 20A battery max. And you will have less failures and problems as a result.

1 Like

Sounds good. Thanks for the advice! When I get all the parts and get into config I’ll let you know how it goes :call_me_hand:

Also, does running the motors at a higher motor max amp rating affect performance when on lower battery max amps?

Yes, it affects performance when you’re going slow.

Like, especially when you take off from a stop. It’s “how torquey the board feels”.

Technically, it’s the left third of this, labeled “Phase Amps Limited”:

You want that as high as possible, regardless of the battery max.

On a motor like TB6380, you can set it at 100A “motor max” which are Phase Amps. Even if it’s set at 20A battery max.

That build looks awesome. I am dreaming about very similar parts! :thought_balloon:

Thanks for the advice on butyl tape I’ve seen in some other topic
Its working wonders :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do hate that indeed, i filled em up :rofl:

1 Like