New Unnamed build | Potential parts list, need some advice

Other than that, any tweaks or suggestions?

No, it looks like a badass build :metal:

Going for a professional fiberglass custom-fit enclosure is a very, very good choice. Butyl tape for waterproofing :+1:

3 Likes

Hell yeah! Thanks brother :call_me_hand:

Epoxy connectors through the enclosure, don’t have any wires exiting the lip of the enclosure.

Use bluetooth.

2 Likes

Sounds good! Was planning on sleeving the motor phase wires in paracord and then epoxying the paracord to the enclosure to waterproof and to make it look badass

If you don’t want water or debris ingressing, then:

Be sure to point them up (down when the board is flipped) and as close to the lip as you can. So when you turn it over, they aren’t sticking out as a target for rocks and stuff :+1:

Maybe do a little bit better job of centering things than I did :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, drilling through a nice new shiny professional enclosure is heart-wrenching, but so worth it.

I mean, do you want it to look nice, or work well? :smirk:

1 Like

Ahh ok I see what you mean by epoxy connectors through the enclosure. Definitely will do

Function > form but goddamn some of the builds on here are sexy

1 Like

I reckon some of the boards on here are taken out only occasionally on the weekend in southern California when it’s sunny and 25°C (77°F), and a lot of folks don’t talk about failures because ego

3 Likes

Sunny San Diego gang :sunglasses: weather? what’s that?

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Still going well in muddy Germany :slight_smile:

2 Likes

going to be hard to senderize this deck. all the component’s are siliconed to the deck. you will ahve to spend some time taking the silicone off. if i were you, i would just get some really cool grip tape. this is all if you are still planning on buying my combo that i have for sale

1 Like

I am planning on buying your combo, and I forgot that everything was siliconed to the deck. I’ll probably just remove the grip tape you have on there and either vinyl wrap the top and slap some frit on it, or just get sick grip tape.

1 Like

this will be much easier/less expensive and get you riding sooner

how do you fill in the gaps made for wires against the deck then?

Don’t have gaps.

If you do have them, like notches in the enclosure for wires, in the past I have laid a small flat piece of fishpaper on top of the notch and put epoxy (thickened with fumed silica) under it to make a flat surface to seal the butyl tape onto.

1 Like

lol you would hate these BB awd hummie enclosures I have. Biggest wire channels evar

2 Likes

The last one I did looked like this. I epoxied an XT30 into it also for lighting.

But that same method with fishpaper to make it flat and thickened epoxy under that, with nonthickened epoxy over that once it cures, just to ensure no leaks, and butyl tape on top of the flat afterwards

1 Like

also @b264 how much do you know abt these esc’s? I know they’re literally one for one clones of the trampa VESC6’s, but unsure of the quality of parts used to get down to the cheaper price point. Only reason why I’m going with these is because I’m buying deck/enclosure + all electronics from Artem. I was planning on running it less aggressively than my old 60D, but I’m not too sure. Do you have any settings recommendations?