New incomer (Need help with my first build)

:rofl: that’s really close I don’t know any Michigan riders let’s get this man started :v:

2 Likes

Any battery builders able to ship to Canada? Or if there’s any Canadian battery builders around.

If anyone has a Unity on hand they would like to part with, that would be good too, than to get one from Jason (yuck)

Also he linked me this deck,

1 Like

Best I can do is link to Toronto and Ottawa esk8s pages on Facebook. Maybe someone there will be available to build one as the season is ending

Not sure if @Flashgod224 might be too busy currently with all the Lacroix business, but he’s our go to builder here with decent prices

2 Likes

Im literally driving across iowa right now to Michigan. Haha. No shit.

1 Like

Yo bro welcome! I’m way west in Berta, always cool to see some new Canadian peeps. Deck and enclosure are super important. If anybody has a hummie, that would be an epic place to start. Also, maybe someone has a deck for this fella too? :stuck_out_tongue:
You might not have to build a battery. @PickSix24 is selling an amazing battery for dirt cheap. If he’s willing, one could ship ground with fedex or ups or whoever. Cost is a bitch, but still super cheap due to the kindness of picksix selling battery for so cheap. It fits a hummie for sure, and likely many more enclosures. Would get your build off to a great start.

3 Likes

Hello everyone! Thank you for being so humble and welcoming me into the community when I barely know shit lmao.

Also what kind of belt should I get with 16:40 teeth? (Motor:Wheel)

So far these are my components that I’m looking forward to get.
Deck - (Looking for one base off the battery once I 100% receive it)
Enclosure -(Looking for one base off deck)
Battery - 12s4p Built w/ Derelict Robots Compact PCB, Molicel P26a 35amp Cells from my man PickSix24
Drive Train - BN220 Fixed Angle Precision Trucks + Idler Motor Mount Kit
Motor Pulley - HTD5M Steel Motor Pulley (16T)
Wheel Pulley - Press Fit Wheel Pulley (40T) (Dual) (Kegal)
Wheels -110MM TORQUE WHEELS (TB110)
Speed Controller - GO-FOC RETRO ------BASED ON OFFICIAL VERSION VESC4.12 3-12S – FROM MAKER-X
Motor - ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD MOTOR 6355 190KV
Power Switch - Remote on/off Solid State Switch (Don’t know if I need a custom solder connector/Switch extension cable)
Remote - Hoyt St Nylon Puck
Soldering - TS100 Mini Portable Smart Programmable Electric Soldering Iron Digital LCD Display Original Replacement Tip High Frequency 65W

Going to invest in an Iron Stand, Solder sucker and maybe a Brass tip cleaner
This is my first project and I want to take it slow so I don’t think I’ll get this built soon even if I have all of the components. (Also got classes)

5 Likes

@Boardnamics any idea what belt length to go for? He’ll be using your idler belt drivetrain with 16/40

1 Like

325mm or 330mm.

4 Likes

I think this is a good deal for your build :call_me_hand:
Hummie Deck and Enclosure- $150

• Custom stain and glass frit grip by yours truly
  • The frit grips hard.
  • Comes with a Psychotiller ABS two piece enclosure. I patched a few holes in it with scrap ABS and ABS cement.
  • Has a 5.5mm x 2mm barrel jack glued in place. Also has a 19mm hole.
  • The deck cutout was expanded a little bit.

5 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhh shit! This build is getting real!!! @Alexander, this would be perfect! Your first build will be like most folks second or third! Excited for you buddy.

5 Likes

lol

3 Likes

Which CAD program are you using for this? Clever way to calculate belt length

1 Like

I recommend grabbing a bluetooth module so you dont have to take your board apart to change settings on your vesc.

2 Likes

Also with bluetooth, I usually have my remote in my right hand and my phone on my left and showing my speed/battery/amps ect…

I get excited watching someone start their first build. I know you already said you’re taking your time, but I want to emphasize the importance of that. This is a very dangerous sport or hobby or whatever they hell they call this. I learned the hard way that taking your time to build it and to test it will go a long way. Also, no matter how much planning you do, you will run into problems. But keep us posted on the build! I can’t wait to see how it turns out. It’s already looking better then my current board

2 Likes

Mhm! For now I’ll be gathering all the parts, learning more about the components, etc until spring/summer. Then I’ll start to invest more time into it when I have less work on my hands and begin to build it during April-May hopefully. If you’re still here I’ll keep a little journal of my build from Day 1 to End once I get my hands on everything.

2 Likes

I would love to be able to watch your project, sadly from the middle of March to the end of August, I will be in Fort Sill, Oklahoma for basic training. Hopefully I’ll be able to find it when I get back!

3 Likes

The great thing when you’re not rushing is you can always keep an eye out for good deals, finish your shopping list on even half the price, AND it won’t hit your wallet since you’re spending small amounts here & there

1 Like

I surprisingly still build batteries on the side even if I work at Lacroix. I’m a busy guy but I always work at 110% lol

4 Likes