New Flipsky vx4 IS TRASH (Dangerous!!!) [READ COMPLETELY]

Pretty much yep

Idk if you’ve seen my latest video on it or not but at the end I had my closing thoughts

Still plan to do a full review though

3 Likes

Ill check it out

There’s a very long portion where I dick around with installing it, the rest may be useful to you. It’s well-chaptered so pick and choose what you like

1 Like

just updated the title after reading this entire thread. Props to flipsky for actually handling business.

I heard a rumor that the vx4 also had a radio that was too damned loud and would cause interference for other people. Was that one of the issues fixed or was that rumor about some other remote?

5 Likes

That is this one - but it seems to have only affected the OSRR specifically. I have never had any other interference issues, even in the 200 person group ride at sdesk8 the other day.

On the plus side I’ve never had a cutout either

8 Likes

Yeah Ryan brought a fucking signal jammer to carve pdx :rofl:

5 Likes

ew stl

3mf or step all da way

3 Likes

And only mine, nobody else’s OSRR was impacted. Weird as fuck.

@jack.luis still owes me a VX4 for testing/FCC snitching.

1 Like

We have a meeting today, in like an hour, or did you forget? Will bring lol

2 Likes

omw

Interesting.
I wonder if my vx4 was jamming Lee’s OSRR when he had a cuttout?

5 Likes

Could very well be.

What I observed was completely reproducible, @ShutterShock within 2m of me and I’d start to see negative impact. Like clockwork, every 4 seconds my RSSI would tank and then immediately rebound.

@jack.luis was there and completely not affected, so likely was sitting on a channel outside of it’s range.

Unfortunately what that likely means is that the vx4 is pushing more than a legal amount of rf power per channel as it hops around, effectively shouting out devices that adhere to legal specifications. This is exactly what the FCC just came down on HobbyKing with a sledgehammer over.

6 Likes

I can take some measurements and see what’s going on

8 Likes

Whats the better about the vx4 vs the vx2 besides the screen? Any thoughts?

seems like this is the big difference.

Honestly as someone who usually rides with escooters this is pretty attractive of a feature.

Is there an easy way to get a rough guesstimate of power, by range or something? I was extremely surprised that my uBox remote would work fine over 60ft away through a floor and several walls (and possibly further, not enough space to test), while my old Hobbywing remote would lose connection after maybe 20ft.

Sure, causing potentially dangerous RF pollution is a great thing to do. :upside_down_face:

@frankthedragon if there’s an RSSi indicator, yes. Otherwise it’s spectrum analyzer time.

3 Likes

Does this mean these things are not FCC compliant?

1 Like

I won’t be able to determine that until I have one on my bench. I ditched Jackson last night, I’ll pick it up today.

Based on what I observed though: probably.

2 Likes

Ooooooof…

1 Like