New Flipsky vx4 IS TRASH (Dangerous!!!) [READ COMPLETELY]

and i just got it dialed and working fine here. UART is not usable tho that is fact. PPM is the way to go.

Don’t you lose most/all of the unique functionality with PPM?

I think you can do both, ppm and UART, still have the date from UART but ppm for control

2 Likes

Have you tried it yet? I also found UART to be a bit uuuhhh meh

You can do combined mode, where it uses PPM for the control and UART for data

I literally still haven’t set mine up but it sounds like combined mode is the way to go

Right now it sounds like don’t use it until they release another statement though

Fortunately for me, slacking, I wasn’t using it yet anyway

1 Like

Ah cool, thanks didn’t know that

i did. I put it into my proto.

UART is too jumpy. PPM/UART works well after i set the deadzone to 23%. It works great and i can see all data. In comparison, i set my puck deadzone to 3%.

1 Like

Dang…23%!?! :face_with_spiral_eyes: oooooi I have my on UART only right now and yeah way too jumpy on high. Deadband 7%

FTFY

2 Likes

Idk their motors are alright

2 Likes

Ppm is not the way to go. I was using mine in ppm and uart mode, it drops connection erratically

!!!

This. I can draw the exact boundries of various tiny (~5 - 15 square meter) areas where remote cutouts happen in downtown Saint Louis. In many years I’ve never been able to narrow down exactly what causes this. Luckily, there are only 3 of them.

4 Likes

I bet someone with the right CAD skills could modify it to at least have an “oldskool” trigger version like the stock mini remote or the evolve r1

18 Likes

Wild, uneducated guesses…

• Standing wave locations for cell towers or other transmitters.
  • Underground transformer(s) or other high voltage/power cabling or connection vault.
  • Aliens.
18 Likes

That’s where @UFOskada hide his spacecraft

8 Likes

Not always.

1 Like

I run a trampa wand on a stormcore(internal ble) in a carbon enclosure(apex customs). Also one in a carbon enclosure on a trampa Orssom (carbon deck too) external trampa ble this time but mounted inside the enclosure.

Never had any issues with disconnects, I would assume the flipsky stuff is just garbage. Vx1 was garbage too imo

They are trying to send more data than they used to and the code is probably very inefficient which would explain the cutouts

1 Like

I have news for you, Trampa decks not made from carbon :slight_smile:

your encloser can be carbon but if the deck not, don’t expect disconnections. Trampa also had a problem with the wand when it was new…

1 Like