Need help choosing a deck (UK)

The enclosure Ben makes is an undertray. Never said anything about a top mount. Quinn is just a crazy guy with a crazy board :laughing:

3 Likes

Love to hear that! And it’s great that you’re asking for advice before purchasing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

sorry mate, missed that bit. Looks really good with such a slim undertray.

Think I am going to have to drop @BigBen a message :slight_smile:

You recommend this one over the others I mentioned in the beginning for my height / size etc for UK riding?

Truck options are a bit limited honestly. Boardnamics has the goods, as does 3dservisas. TKP vs RKP vs DKP vs Channels, that’s the real question. I heavily prefer rkp myself. Figuring out your truck choice is also pretty heavily tied to choosing your drivetrain. I like gears, but it’s personal preference. As for esc, I highly recommend stormcore, but there are several reliable options depending on which direction you end up going. Battery is the simplest part imo. Do it last, and fill as much of the remaining space with it as you can. Feel free to message me if you have any questions, I like planning builds anyways, and I might end up having some stuff you need on hand.

2 Likes

Thanks Kai, will hit you up once I have the deck chosen if that’s ok. There are so many options for every part of the build its hard to take it all in, that’s why I stopped looking at everything and am concentrating on the deck first, then work my way round the rest.

2 Likes

Just forget the pneumatics and by this one I am selling. It ticks some of the boxes.

That’s the best you can do. Beleve me. I am trying to sell it to you :joy:

5 Likes

@EreTroN looks sweet but I chose the diy route for the journey and enjoyment of doing it myself (actually going to be building it with my son) otherwise you may have tempted me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I can part it out and send you the separated parts :joy::joy::joy:

Just kidding.

4 Likes

6’4” is tall, DIY deck maybe?
(I’m about 6’2” and my Hummie decks can sometimes seem a little short to me)
You could look at roarockit veneer stuff if you’re in it for the experience.

I’ve personally never tried the Hareo Bro so can’t comment. But there are a few street carvers on the forum that use it as a platform, and I’ve only heard good things about it.

I’m 6’4 as well, and I really like the LY Switchblade, but it’s not meant for AT wheels really. You’d need TKP or DKP trucks for that. Theoretically I have a 40" Switchblade and Eboosted enclosure I could sell you… I’d have to think about it. I kinda have plans for it, but those plans keep changing. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey Rosco, did look at that kit, seen others too. If I could get the veneer local to me I would have made a mould from wood and tried to do the deck diy too but have to order it in and if doesnt come out right then have to order and try again so though safe bet this time is to but the board. I may still make one in the future though thanks

1 Like

Get a mountain board made for streets. Get a Tomiboi or flux deck enclosure combo and ride on 8in pneumatics. You’ll never look back.

4 Likes

Roads are a bit shit. You can still have fun on thane but you have to be a bit selective on where you ride. With AT tyres you can go anywhere

191cm on a bro deck no issues with space. Ive seen bigger people ride them with no issues either

LUNA 350 trucks accept 12 and 10mm axles. These trucks will work on a bro deck

1 Like

What parts for your build do you own at this moment? You have my dimensions and i would only go with the widest deck you can find. 11in if you can.

Blockquote

I completely disagree with rusins comments above. I have only rode Urethane until a week ago, when I finally stood on a Prototipo.

It was so good - I bought it, but, get this, I’m gonna put either my Boa’s or TB110’s straight on it when i get those bearings sorted . . . .

Each to their own I guess, but (within London anyway), one huge benefit of Rona and her Corona has been a huge amount of road re-surfacing has occurred = The Perfect time for Urethane ! ! !

:grin:

3 Likes

@ispeedca not bought anything yet, looking at sorting the deck first then working back from there

Does anyone have the dimensions of the Apex Preditor as not listed on their site?

@Snowhiter yeah suppose it really depends on the area, some near me have pot holes that are huge but there are also some nice quiet smooth roads so just wanted to be able to swap wheels if possible on the board I choose so I have the option if I want it that’s all

1 Like

Predator is a haero bro. 96 centimeters long. Not sure on width offhand. Haero Bro 96 Mountainboard Deck - ATBShop.co.uk. More info there ^^

The ONLY reason i use urethane wheels is when i’m going somewhere that i would need to pick up my board and walk with it, in that case i bring my boosted mini. But when i ride for fun, i only take the big wheel boards because i don’t feel like looking down in front of me all the time. I fell so many times on the boosted because i was looking at something for a second and didn’t notice a pothole or huge crack in front of me. So i guess it would come down to what you want from life :slight_smile:

1 Like

Boards that switch between thane and pneumatic generally need different pulleys/adapters for each. However, if you can get your hands on a set of infinity hubs, or the new hubs from superbeast, you can run pneumatics on some of the same gear as urethane. Infinity hubs+boardnamics m1 gear drive+a set of tb110’s is a great combo for running both with ease.

3 Likes